The Republic of Hyphen is a massive, socially progressive nation, remarkable for its anti-smoking policies, free-roaming dinosaurs, and daily referendums. The compassionate, democratic population of 2.989 billion Hyphenians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Capolity. The average income tax rate is 65.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Hyphenian economy, worth 247 trillion dollars a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is dominated by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Trout Farming, and Book Publishing. Average income is 82,924 dollars, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The nation leads Lazarus in per capita stalking, an underground movement of cigarette smokers has sprung up in response to a government ban, the deceased are buried mostly to hide them from state-sanctioned corpse-collectors, and clergy who start talking about politics are forced to take a holy vow of silence. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Hyphen's national animal is the falcon, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Hyphen's influence in Lazarus rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Hyphen was refounded in Lazarus.
- : Hyphen ceased to exist in The North Pacific.
- : Hyphen was endorsed by The Republic of Card Kingdom.
- : Hyphen was endorsed by The Protectorate of Muqatil.
- : Hyphen was endorsed by The Free Land of Drueste.
- : Hyphen was endorsed by The Imperial Crown of Venicea.
- : Hyphen lost the endorsement of The Imperial Crown of Venicea.
- : Hyphen was endorsed by The Republic of Morcusa Clicanskaukk.
- : Hyphen was endorsed by The Constitutional Monarchy of Bearical.