|Leader||Führer Wayne Thoreson|
The Dictatorship of Thorstonia is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Führer Wayne Thoreson with an iron fist, and renowned for its lack of airports, restrictive gun laws, and suspicion of poets. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless population of 1.922 billion Thorstonians are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The large, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized government is primarily concerned with Defense, although Industry, Law & Order, and Healthcare are also considered important, while Welfare and International Aid are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Thorsville. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 66.7%.
The frighteningly efficient Thorstonian economy, worth 222 trillion Thorsmarks a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a large, well-organized, fairly diversified black market in Arms Manufacturing, Uranium Mining, Retail, and Woodchip Exports. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an impressive 115,689 Thorsmarks, with the richest citizens earning 6.6 times as much as the poorest.
Wealthy pranksters dump refuse on unsuspecting citizens from up high, octogenarian swimsuit models insist that they've still got it, people feel the most alone when among peers, and the navy is hoping to hear the enemy shout "you sank my battleship!". Crime is moderate, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Thorstonia's national animal is the Dromedary, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Thoresonism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Thorstonia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Quebecshire".
- : Thorstonia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Protecting Convicted Voters".
- : Thorstonia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Regulation on the Integrity of Genetic Data".
- : Thorstonia was endorsed by The Shadow Cult of Jocospor.
- : Thorstonia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Conservative and the Top 10% for Largest Timber Woodchipping Industry.
- : Following new legislation in Thorstonia, the navy is hoping to hear the enemy shout "you sank my battleship!".
- : Following new legislation in Thorstonia, people feel the most alone when among peers.
- : Following new legislation in Thorstonia, octogenarian swimsuit models insist that they've still got it.
- : Following new legislation in Thorstonia, wealthy pranksters dump refuse on unsuspecting citizens from up high.
- : Thorstonia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "On Abortion"".
Endorsements Received: 40 » Depackya, HMS NHS, Aeioux, ShrewLlamaLand, Russian States of Eurasia, East Turzikstan, Kleptocratic Bureau of Foreign Affairs, Hellslayer, Feuraxia, The Dixie Confederate Union, VlaRiSsiA, Deman Kalan, Tertania, Daulmark, Panthera Order, Cape Canavral, New England INC, The Destroyers of Christianity, Golden Impirial Utopia, Aerilithia, Oigrim, Marthuania, The land of certain death, Jefferson Club, Eternal Iron, Aryus Millitary Junta, Mousto Readia, American Pere Housh, Hunem, Illuminant Bats, Vale Helsraetoni, The Nat Trote Kure, Shiya, Medici Empire, Complete and Utter Freedom, Systemic Corruption, The Yeetusa, Penarastaria, Codeia, and Jocospor.