The Federation of Gewisse is a gargantuan, efficient nation, remarkable for its museums and concert halls, national health service, and restrictive gun laws. The compassionate, democratic population of 12.954 billion West Saxons are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The large, liberal, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of New Exeter. The average income tax rate is 74.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Gewissean economy, worth a remarkable 1,501 trillion Pounds a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 115,888 Pounds, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
It's been a banner year for local vexillology, New Exeter has become the number one destination for urban exploration in 10000 Islands, Little League matches are often attended by riot police with water cannon... just in case, and the alarmingly racist TV show 'Bigtopians Say the Darndest Things' is a hit. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Gewisse's national animal is the Wyvern, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Gewisse was endorsed by The Hermit Kingdom of Iron Soviet.
- : Following new legislation in Gewisse, the alarmingly racist TV show 'Bigtopians Say the Darndest Things' is a hit.
- : Following new legislation in Gewisse, Little League matches are often attended by riot police with water cannon... just in case.
- : Gewisse voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate Realm of the Whispering Winds".
- : Following new legislation in Gewisse, New Exeter has become the number one destination for urban exploration in 10000 Islands.
- : Gewisse was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Income Equality.
- : Following new legislation in Gewisse, it's been a banner year for local vexillology.
- : Following new legislation in Gewisse, 'The Anti-Government Hour' is a popular programme on many of Gewisse's radio stations.
- : Gewisse voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Protections During Territorial Transitions".
- : Gewisse voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend The Voice of ARB".
Endorsements Received: 71 » Anollasia, Killettland, Dustwind, Zeganas, Wysrod, The Soylent Green Party, Karlando, Ferte, Free Land of Rebellium, Yakkandiania, Vill Send, Johnne Green, Solarampa, Medetas, Evertopia, Vivolkha, Kachikawawa, Namakan, Solsevara, Liberdon, Santa Pace, Zeklandia, Katitania, Ilfarasia, Maconshinbernititte, Mauryana, Holma, Krystalveil, Testa, Tausend Seen, Samonaemia, Grimmywelsh, Venmere, Faradova, Violent Trees, Cathamye, Hellenic Exusia, Transisrael, Macrasetia, New Aierlund, Coldian, Nami Bays, The Galactic American Imperium, The Democratic State Of Josora, Kaprein, Geonomia, Puffandria, Houbur, Greater Theowherveld, Hashari Darussalam, and 21 others.Markanite, The Divine Elephant, Jaegerpondonia, Federal republic of wakanda, Phello, Attoree, Rog Mily, Archipel Kerguelen, United Wese Godallistedern, Nova Berlim, Dolorado, Lisokyo, Clialaad, United Kolance, Union of Socialist Irish Republics, Pickens Nation, Reformed Imperis, Striagro Uspil, DetroitSmash, Boroii, and Iron Soviet.