The Principality of Aurum Port is a huge, safe nation, renowned for its frequent executions, pith helmet sales, and irreverence towards religion. The compassionate, democratic population of 474 million Aureates enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Halcyon. The average income tax rate is 29.3%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The strong Aurum Portian economy, worth 38.1 trillion spinas a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Trout Farming, and Furniture Restoration. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 80,426 spinas, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.2 times as much as the poorest.
Children are brainwashed at a young age to accept "love and peace!" as a way of life, every politician claims to be at least 1% Native Aurum Portian, teams of painters are converting road signs from horse lengths to kilometers, and smoking is banned in public areas. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Aurum Port's national animal is the cat, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Aurum Port was endorsed by The Hermit Kingdom of Iron Soviet.
- : Aurum Port was endorsed by The Empire of Droganstein.
- : Aurum Port voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Sexual Predator Registry Act".
- : Following new legislation in Aurum Port, smoking is banned in public areas.
- : Aurum Port was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Valuable International Artwork.
- : Following new legislation in Aurum Port, teams of painters are converting road signs from horse lengths to kilometers.
- : Following new legislation in Aurum Port, every politician claims to be at least 1% Native Aurum Portian.
- : Following new legislation in Aurum Port, children are brainwashed at a young age to accept "love and peace!" as a way of life.
- : Following new legislation in Aurum Port, the needs of the living outweigh the needs of the dead.
- : Following new legislation in Aurum Port, employers are finding it hard to screen candidates now that everyone gets A grades in their exams.
Endorsements Received: 45 » Solsevara, Alski, Boroii, Houbur, Rotzka, Markanite, The Soylent Green Party, Free Land of Rebellium, Macrasetia, Grimmywelsh, Faradova, Asardia, Namakan, Ilfarasia, United Atle Lamton, Kam-Chatka, Northern African Sahara, Dolorado, Greater Theowherveld, Ciderlovers, Hashari Darussalam, The Galactic American Imperium, Jaegerpondonia, Republic of Libriano, Lower Phlebacite, Natermishia, Bavhia, YesIdowantcalamarithanks, Vicim, Striagro Uspil, Dustwind, Feinlin, Lisokyo, Raskana, Ursabeknikov, Clialaad, United Kolance, Generic Country Name That Is Available, Kaprein, Krystalveil, Schezlandia, Reformed Imperis, Syedians, Droganstein, and Iron Soviet.