The True Republic of Cathamye is a massive, safe nation, ruled by Chancellor Smith with a fair hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls, smutty television, and national health service. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic, devout population of 2.279 billion Cathamites enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Cathania. The average income tax rate is 70.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Cath economy, worth 203 trillion kronor a year, is highly specialized and led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Information Technology, and Basket Weaving. Average income is 89,158 kronor, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.3 times as much as the poorest.
Urbanites are banned from bucolic settings for safety concerns, voting is compulsory, the government has an entire department dedicated to staring at microscopes and writing down letters, and the contraband cigarette trade is lighting up across Cathamye. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Cathamye's national animal is the fox, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is serenity.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Cathamye was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Cheerful Citizens.
- : Following new legislation in Cathamye, the contraband cigarette trade is lighting up across Cathamye.
- : Following new legislation in Cathamye, the government has an entire department dedicated to staring at microscopes and writing down letters.
- : Following new legislation in Cathamye, voting is compulsory.
- : Following new legislation in Cathamye, urbanites are banned from bucolic settings for safety concerns.
- : Following new legislation in Cathamye, the fattest folk in Cathamye look to be the happiest ones.
- : Cathamye endorsed The Federal Republic of Havesia.
- : Cathamye was endorsed by The Federal Republic of Havesia.
- : Following new legislation in Cathamye, mandatory updates on software drivers often bring life to a halt.
- : Following new legislation in Cathamye, Chancellor Smith's power is effectively nullified as no bill becomes law without the upper house's support.
Endorsements Received: 100 » The Republic of Osea, Blogotopia, Vivolkha, Liberdon, Killettland, Tzo, Evertopia, Testa, Generic Country Name That Is Available, Kyrizstanislav, Zeganas, JanRaiQlux, Kingdom of New Berlin, Wysrod, Creeptopia, Mastodonia, Medetas, Chip Skylark, Colonel Terrosit, Lower Phlebacite, Yakkandiania, Nanase Army, Ilfarasia, Conservative Republic Of Huang, Violent Trees, Seantonia, Ironica Butterfly, Palman, Iontan, Better Indonesia, DetroitSmash, Gewisse, Namakan, Airday, Seranis, Holma, Maalemzya, Krystalveil, Grimmywelsh, Solsevara, Faradova, The Democratic State Of Josora, Hellenic Exusia, The Snake Brotherhood, Dovant, Kaltovar, Gal Cradia, Old Atlantica, Venmere, Nea Komnenia, and 50 others.Keswickholt, Geolapo, Anollasia, Dustwind, Vragar, The African Emirates, Brandenbourg-Anhalt, Xanthorrhoea, Selu-Ahare, Neu Trino, Herfenzir, Macrasetia, Greater Theowherveld, Alski, The Galactic American Imperium, Austral Imperium, AliEN A, Maconshinbernititte, Ear Exploder 9000, Hashari Darussalam, Free Land of Rebellium, Reformed Imperis, Kaprein, Houbur, Markanite, Immortal Anfield, Jaegerpondonia, Caribbia, Phello, Katitania, New Dracora, Archipel Kerguelen, Nova Berlim, Samonaemia, Strigberg, Arnefol, Dolorado, Vayshnoriya Islands, Lisokyo, Striagro Uspil, Rotzka, Clialaad, United Kolance, Bondgalm, Raskana, Selinoz, Verbool, Malevos, Coldian, and Havesia.