|Leader||President Cornelius Crewes|
The Corporate Federation of Maritzal is a colossal, orderly nation, ruled by President Cornelius Crewes with an iron fist, and notable for its deadly medical pandemics, ban on automobiles, and strictly enforced bedtime. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 9.921 billion Maritzalians are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The relatively small, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Administration, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Meridian. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 90.8%.
The frighteningly efficient Maritzalian economy, worth a remarkable 4,261 trillion Pistas a year, is mostly comprised of black market activity, especially in Information Technology, Retail, Arms Manufacturing, and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an amazing 429,580 Pistas, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 1,251,332 per year while the poor average 116,597, a ratio of 10.7 to 1.
It's best to decline if President Cornelius Crewes offers to buy a round of drinks, shelters struggle to keep up with the endless intake of stray animals, tourists are flocking to the newly-built MeteorLand family resort, and the new Liquor Legitimacy Office is besieged with job applications from people who have experience in "statistical sampling methods". Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Maritzal's national animal is the Cat, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Atheism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Maritzal, the new Liquor Legitimacy Office is besieged with job applications from people who have experience in "statistical sampling methods".
- : Following new legislation in Maritzal, tourists are flocking to the newly-built MeteorLand family resort.
- : Following new legislation in Maritzal, shelters struggle to keep up with the endless intake of stray animals.
- : Following new legislation in Maritzal, it's best to decline if President Cornelius Crewes offers to buy a round of drinks.
- : Following new legislation in Maritzal, five-year-olds chanting "Little Miss Muffet" are accused of bullying arachnophobes.
- : Following new legislation in Maritzal, the nation's children are known for being even more apathetic and cynical than their parents.
- : Following new legislation in Maritzal, a vast monorail network carries people all over the country.
- : Following new legislation in Maritzal, the alarmingly racist TV show 'Bigtopians Say the Darndest Things' is a hit.
- : Following new legislation in Maritzal, conscripts often volunteer for a second tour of duty so they can get a ticket to next year's Army Revue.
- : Following new legislation in Maritzal, emergency services don't respond to trailer park fires.
Endorsements Received: 130 » Imperium Anglorum, The New Nordic Union, Lovisa, Slavorussia, Dark Matter, Outer Sparta, The Poland-Lithuania Commonwealth, An Clar, Popaholick, Lexembourg, TF1 TASK FORCE 1, Wombelland, Sinclairtown, Northern German Federation, Galway-Dublin, Alympian Kingdom, Yahlia, Saint Domingo, Feria-Alkaline, Slavonia and Srijem, Bohomo, Ahma, Thracia Republic, Irminsulia, Regnum Italiae, Pilipinas and Malaya, Cre Alworkez, North of Americas, Alsted, St Scarlett, Brakanistan, Ostermarch, South St Maarten, GanymedEuropa, Boldia, New Ylicia, Belmoren, Purgatio, Stukilo, Thracia and Crimea, Estonesia, Germany Third Reich, Cytadela, Jim the Baptist, Supcotia, Republic of Satherland, Leranditale, Nardin, Kenmoria WA Mission, Parliamentary Laramidia, and 80 others.British Norklon, Soviet Taoistan, Nevelja, Cherised Lands of Galicia, Sicilian Imperial-Capitalist Empire, Mallesia, Neuchateau, Betasia, Leszno, Walfo, Lord Sapre, Monte Naranja, Free Workers Macedon, Elisabethshagen, The Champions League, Chronus, The Fair Republic, Prussian-Union, Invernessia, Ausvelt, Someseni, Destyntine, Savinecross, Canovium, Shaor, Eastern Greenlands, The Seven Provinces, New Vorarlberg, Grodisze, Abject Ludicrosity, The Scandinavian Realm, The Kingdom of Denmark, Montagne Riche, Stumphosse Res, Jahass, Bareu, Mons Graupius, Ostrogotharum Praeeminebat, Sienkahn, Azitupia, The Reunited Yugoslavs, NorthPortugal, Seims, Enway, Meropis, Rivierenland, Crestphalia, The New Mexican Confederation, Owlograd, Bavira, Vostokian Union, Greater Icelandia, Apabeossie, Ashckar, Estellan, Epistimi Evimeria, Trixeland, Kanokla, The Young Ur, Anglo-Francios, Kyrica, Uzbek Khan, Valtrona, Eski, Zarulia, Eco-Paris Reformation, Mynox, Othenhiem, Nova Babilonia, Greater Dragunovia, Brittany Normandy Aquitaine, Nuevo Europa, Greater Albaina, Jebatga, Zulrich, Christian Terra, Nazakhstan Empire, Maalat, En Hassik, and The Axis of Death.