|Leader||His Most Holiest Eternal Emperor Thalt|
The Holy Empire of Thaltopia is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by His Most Holiest Eternal Emperor Thalt with an iron fist, and renowned for its zero percent divorce rate, compulsory gun ownership, and spontaneously combusting cars. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless, devout population of 3.571 billion Thaltians are ruled with an iron fist by the corrupt, dictatorship government, which oppresses anyone who isn't on the board of a Fortune 500 company. Large corporations tend to be above the law, and use their financial clout to gain ever-increasing government benefits at the expense of the poor and unemployed.
The relatively small, corrupt, moralistic, pro-business, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Industry, and Spirituality. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Thalt City. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 36.9%.
The frighteningly efficient Thaltopian economy, worth 876 trillion Emperian Coins a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Retail, Soda Sales, and Gambling. Black market activity is rampant. Average income is an amazing 245,513 Emperian Coins, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 748,853 per year while the poor average 62,430, a ratio of 12.0 to 1.
Government statistics suggest 115% of the population love His Most Holiest Eternal Emperor Thalt, paralegals spend all day Hewlett-Packing attorneys' law briefs, a milk bath costs more than bathing in money, and ports have ground to a halt as no boat can reach them without trespassing. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force. Thaltopia's national animal is the Eagle, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Thaltism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Thaltopia was endorsed by The Queendom of Penibral.
- : Following new legislation in Thaltopia, ports have ground to a halt as no boat can reach them without trespassing.
- : Thaltopia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Quebecshire".
- : Thaltopia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Protecting Convicted Voters".
- : Thaltopia was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of Mitte Harchilania.
- : Thaltopia was endorsed by The Principality of Micalandia.
- : Thaltopia was endorsed by The Confederacy of Uzhai.
- : Thaltopia was endorsed by The Dictatorship of Emperial Republic.
- : Following new legislation in Thaltopia, a milk bath costs more than bathing in money.
- : Following new legislation in Thaltopia, paralegals spend all day Hewlett-Packing attorneys' law briefs.
Endorsements Received: 35 » Antarctican Immagrants, TESDAI, Deims Kir, Biggonian Megaist Empire, Nadal Mobianordia, Nortexit, Cailona, Peacockastan, Nolan Burg, George-Harian, Ecarlas Adamas, Disnk, Erher, Nordhpadhan, Ingondean, ToddHowardistan, FrendLEEistan, Haverade, Zemlyakov, Dabonhaters, South-Central Rhodesia, Bicala, Safya del norte, Crosanti, Friedmanica, Bonnie Blue Republic, Hollip, Cilus, Ceylij, The Co-Prosperity-Sphere, Emperial Republic, Uzhai, Micalandia, Mitte Harchilania, and Penibral.