|President Jan Istaroth
The Halcyon Republic of Polanas is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by President Jan Istaroth with an even hand, and renowned for its smutty television, national health service, and restrictive gun laws. The compassionate, cheerful, devout population of 4.817 billion Polanesians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Industry, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Warsaw. The average income tax rate is 87.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Polanesian economy, worth 945 trillion Polanesian Złoties a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Tourism, and Arms Manufacturing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 196,338 Polanesian Złoties, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Private clinics eagerly advertise their trivial specialties, hypochondriacs demand treatment for genetic disorders they don't have, blue sky thinkers are reminded that the firmament is actually more of a grey-ish colour, and ceremonial zweihänders are used in holy rituals. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Polanas's national animal is the White Heron, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Roman Catholicism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Polanas's influence in Polanas rose from "Squire" to "Apprentice".
- : Polanas's influence in Polanas rose from "Zero" to "Squire".
- : Polanas was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Compassionate Citizens.
- : Polanas resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Polanas relocated from The League to Polanas.
- : Following new legislation in Polanas, ceremonial zweihänders are used in holy rituals.
- : Following new legislation in Polanas, blue sky thinkers are reminded that the firmament is actually more of a grey-ish colour.
- : Following new legislation in Polanas, hypochondriacs demand treatment for genetic disorders they don't have.
- : Following new legislation in Polanas, private clinics eagerly advertise their trivial specialties.
- : Following new legislation in Polanas, the government is washing its hands of alleged corruption.