The People's Socialist Republic of Absolutus is a gargantuan, safe nation, renowned for its ubiquitous missile silos, anti-smoking policies, and prohibition of alcohol. The hard-nosed, cheerful population of 10.41 billion Absolutians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The large, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Antro. The income tax rate is 100%.
The frighteningly efficient Absolutian economy, worth a remarkable 3,732 trillion Absolutian Stamps a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Tourism, and Book Publishing. Average income is an amazing 358,533 Absolutian Stamps, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Military officers are given medals for disobeying orders, doctors prescribe medicines but they rarely dispense hope or compassion, park rangers struggle to deal with a rash of stolen pic-a-nic baskets, and Antro is a police state during international summits. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Absolutus's national animal is the Toucan, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Absolutus, Antro is a police state during international summits.
- : Following new legislation in Absolutus, park rangers struggle to deal with a rash of stolen pic-a-nic baskets.
- : Following new legislation in Absolutus, doctors prescribe medicines but they rarely dispense hope or compassion.
- : Following new legislation in Absolutus, military officers are given medals for disobeying orders.
- : Absolutus's influence in The Rejected Realms rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Absolutus relocated from Independent powers of the new earth to The Rejected Realms.
- : Absolutus updated the World Factbook entry in Independent powers of the new earth.
- : Following new legislation in Absolutus, rebuilding efforts for a recently destroyed cathedral aren't expected to be completed for another century.
- : Following new legislation in Absolutus, the people elect the Supreme Court justices directly.
- : Absolutus unsuppressed a post on the Independent powers of the new earth Regional Message Board.