by Max Barry

Latest Forum Topics

Advertisement

The Pacific Board

Search

Search

[+] Advanced...

Author:

Region:

Sort:

«12. . .29,74129,74229,74329,74429,74529,74629,747. . .30,18430,185»

The Municipalities of Antarctica wrote:It's probably only possible for a machine, not a human being. Especially not one working with a rifle using the height of 1941 technology.

Even for a machine, I doubt it. There's simply too much time for the fly to be moving once you get past a cartoon distance, and at that point you'd only be able to hit it by the most infinitely tiny random chance that it strayed into the path of the bullet within that fraction of a second.

Kathol Rift wrote:Even for a machine, I doubt it. There's simply too much time for the fly to be moving once you get past a cartoon distance, and at that point you'd only be able to hit it by the most infinitely tiny random chance that it strayed into the path of the bullet within that fraction of a second.

Okay, let's rephrase it:
A technocracy or singularity machine. Those two are the type that seem capable of doing that, with an integrated weapon. A 1941 rifle is simply not going to happen, though.

The Municipalities of Antarctica wrote:Okay, let's rephrase it:
A technocracy or singularity machine. Those two are the type that seem capable of doing that, with an integrated weapon. A 1941 rifle is simply not going to happen, though.

Very true.

And I now find myself wondering if Rang has ever shot a fly.

Kathol Rift wrote:Very true.

And I now find myself wondering if Rang has ever shot a fly.

Based on your climate I imagine a few insects met their deserved fate by virtue of a round from Rang hitting them on their way to hit a big important general.

The Municipalities of Antarctica wrote:Based on your climate I imagine a few insects met their deserved fate by virtue of a round from Rang hitting them on their way to hit a big important general.

That's entirely possible, and hilarious.

Kathol Rift wrote:That's entirely possible, and hilarious.

It definitely is.
Just some nasty horsefly on it's way to bother someone's day gets nailed by a bullet larger than a .50 cal that was meant for someone actually deserving of the cost of the bullet.

It's as amusing to me as the idea of Cetiri sneaking a livesteaming phone into the Municipality council, knowing that all hell would break loose during today's debates.

Note to self: Give all my soldiers plague doctor masks

The Municipalities of Antarctica wrote:It definitely is.
Just some nasty horsefly on it's way to bother someone's day gets nailed by a bullet larger than a .50 cal that was meant for someone actually deserving of the cost of the bullet.

It's as amusing to me as the idea of Cetiri sneaking a livesteaming phone into the Municipality council, knowing that all hell would break loose during today's debates.

Now I'm imagining a horsefly big enough that it actually deflects the bullet slightly off course, causing Rang to miss an assassination for the first time in his life, feeling super guilty and mad about it while having no clue it was because of a fly.

Kathol Rift wrote:Now I'm imagining a horsefly big enough that it actually deflects the bullet slightly off course, causing Rang to miss an assassination for the first time in his life, feeling super guilty and mad about it while having no clue it was because of a fly.

He genuinely though he missed a shot- but nobody found out it was him so it's something he silently took to the grave. Never really getting over it because it was one of the only times he 'screwed up'.

Kathol Rift wrote:Now I'm imagining a horsefly big enough that it actually deflects the bullet slightly off course, causing Rang to miss an assassination for the first time in his life, feeling super guilty and mad about it while having no clue it was because of a fly.

Fennik: "... You missed."

Black Feather's Successor: "Those damn geothermally evolved horseflies..."

In a scenario where the Gallic Revolt succeeds, would Gaul have held onto their ancient religion or ended up converting to Christianity? I want to be "realistic" with my EU4 custom nation.

The Bandit State wrote:In a scenario where the Gallic Revolt succeeds, would Gaul have held onto their ancient religion or ended up converting to Christianity? I want to be "realistic" with my EU4 custom nation.

They'd likely hold on to their own religion, if you ask me.

The Municipalities of Antarctica wrote:They'd likely hold on to their own religion, if you ask me.

Cool. It'll be shooting myself in the foot but the United Tribes of Gaul will stay animist.

Goodnight guys!

The Bandit State wrote:Cool. It'll be shooting myself in the foot but the United Tribes of Gaul will stay animist.

Regardless my next game will be as Pope-man. Also, I got back into Battlefront 2 recently, here's a fun thing that happened yesterday: I suffered mental damage after a 2-hour long match of Capital SUpremacy.

send this for the nations that are forming here:

page=dispatch/id=1531554

Hello there RMB! Haven't been online since a week!

Today is the 60th anniversary of one of the greatest achievements of science in history!

Novoblupolia wrote:Today is the 60th anniversary of one of the greatest achievements of science in history!

Which would be?

True Europa State wrote:Which would be?

60 years ago, Yuri Gagarin became the first man in space!

Novoblupolia wrote:60 years ago, Yuri Gagarin became the first man in space!

Oh really? Nice! People decided "What if we yeeted people into space?", and are still doing that today. The good ending.

New project:
Ministries, departments, bureaus and other buggering mess, what they do, links to leader files, and of course contact information for how to throw complaints at them.

True Europa State wrote:Oh really? Nice! People decided "What if we yeeted people into space?", and are still doing that today. The good ending.

Considering modern Russian space industry... I'd call it the sad ending. One of the main phrases associated in Russia with Gagarin today is "Sorry, Yura, we f***ed it up".

Novoblupolia wrote:Considering modern Russian space industry... I'd call it the sad ending. One of the main phrases associated in Russia with Gagarin today is "Sorry, Yura, we f***ed it up".

Because of how Russia lost the 'space race'?

(cough) also FDR died today (cough)

True Europa State wrote:Because of how Russia lost the 'space race'?

(cough) also FDR died today (cough)

Because Russian space industry is more concerned nowadays with making unfunny memes and merchandise than they are with space exploration.

«12. . .29,74129,74229,74329,74429,74529,74629,747. . .30,18430,185»

Advertisement