The Second Second Best of Whatermelons Second Country is a huge, socially progressive nation, renowned for its barren, inhospitable landscape, irreverence towards religion, and absence of drug laws. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 939 million melons live in a state of perpetual fear, as a complete breakdown of social order has led to the rise of order through biker gangs.
The minute, pro-business, outspoken government, or what there is of one, is primarily concerned with Defense, with Industry and Education also on the agenda, while International Aid and Spirituality aren't funded at all. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 4.5%.
The very strong melon economy, worth 62.8 trillion husks a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Uranium Mining industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Automobile Manufacturing, and Gambling. Average income is 66,915 husks, but there is a vast disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 605,130 per year while the poor average 885, a ratio of 683 to 1.
Pet loving officers arrest citizens who don't give their dogs enough biscuits, imprisonment is the leading cause of disownment, almost every singles' party has a clergy and courtesans theme, and the diplomatic corps stinks. Crime, especially youth-related, is a major problem, probably because of the absence of a police force. Whatermelons Second Country's national animal is the legendary, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Whatermelons Second Country lodged a message on the Big Farma Regional Message Board.
- : Whatermelons Second Country changed its national nation type to "Second Second Best".
- : Whatermelons Second Country was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Furniture Restoration Industry.
- : Whatermelons Second Country's influence in Big Farma rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Whatermelons Second Country was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Mining Sector and Largest Furniture Restoration Industry.
- : Whatermelons Second Country was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Cheese Export Sector.
- : Whatermelons Second Country's influence in Big Farma rose from "Zero" to "Minnow".
- : Following new legislation in Whatermelons Second Country, the diplomatic corps stinks.
- : Whatermelons Second Country relocated from Balder to Big Farma.
- : Whatermelons Second Country altered its national flag.