The Federation of Weissmans is a huge, cultured nation, notable for its zero percent divorce rate, prohibition of alcohol, and infamous sell-swords. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 590 million Weissmansians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Salisbury. The average income tax rate is 37.6%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Weissmansian economy, worth 72.6 trillion Weisses a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Retail industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Arms Manufacturing, and Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 123,061 Weisses, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.6 times as much as the poorest.
The national anthem is a rather effective sleeping aid, manual labourers must be willing to have cybernetic limbs to get a job, imprisonment is the leading cause of disownment, and drugs containing the compound "oleum de serpens" are being sold to cancer patients. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Weissmans's national animal is the fox, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Weissmans was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Disposable Incomes.
- : Following new legislation in Weissmans, drugs containing the compound "oleum de serpens" are being sold to cancer patients.
- : Following new legislation in Weissmans, imprisonment is the leading cause of disownment.
- : Following new legislation in Weissmans, manual labourers must be willing to have cybernetic limbs to get a job.
- : Following new legislation in Weissmans, the national anthem is a rather effective sleeping aid.
- : Following new legislation in Weissmans, clergy who start talking about politics are forced to take a holy vow of silence.
- : Weissmans endorsed The Federation of Northern Estrian Islands.
- : Weissmans endorsed The Incorporated States of Osheiga.
- : Weissmans endorsed The Federation of Nyxonia.
- : Weissmans endorsed The Oppressed Peoples of Scheeeeeeeeeeeia.
Endorsements Received: 82 » Marinho Islands, Amerion, Corgitopiaa, Blondiesland, PenguinPies, Erinor, Holota, The Solar System Scope, Tsunamy, Curlyhoward, Qvait, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Aidenfieeld, Uvalor, Concrete Slab, Land Without Shrimp, Tepertopia, Bawkie, Nowa Europa, Bleakfoot, Wehraboos, Scu Greinne, Crystal Creation, Treir, Beepee, Ipugao, Tughampton, Banglazstrogaria, Canmore, The Stolen Lands, Yeses, Sedunn, Rebel-topia, Direwolf1, Belschaft, Volaworand, Aumeltopia, Gonrati, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, The SpaceNeo-Goryeo Etymological Society, Farengeto, Purple Hyacinth, Ebonhand, Drystar, Herbert Island, Doge Land, Oxyliteral, Sthalrim, Neazland, Kaoia, and 32 others.Hong Kong Kowloon and New Territories, Noimosini, JavaSiege, Kaleidescooptopia, Jehenna, Astiaveth, Rhetiaa, Abyssal Phantasm, Tsvetania, Auphelia, Beblahbleblo, Freedoom, Agletgreenia, Eastern Mekong, Fighting Kawi Ninja, Sanden, A leftover country, Soem, Solanosco, Galebland, Seliyan progressive Islands, Danily, Esfalsa, Vicken, Holy Free, The Kies, The American Anarchist Empire, Anatasha, Northern Estrian Islands, Osheiga, Nyxonia, and Scheeeeeeeeeeeia.