The Republic of Uljenph is a massive, socially progressive nation, ruled by Peth Flycer with an iron fist, and renowned for its museums and concert halls, infamous sell-swords, and unlimited-speed roads. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, devout population of 1.517 billion Uljenphis enjoy great individual freedoms in everything except elections, which, where they exist at all, are populist shams for a dictatorship government that has no intention of ever giving up power.
The tiny, corrupt, liberal, pro-business government prioritizes Industry, although Administration and Social Policy are also considered important, while Law & Order and Defense receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Hlelweghi. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 7.1%.
The frighteningly efficient Uljenphi economy, worth 169 trillion Trens a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is fairly diversified and dominated by the Retail industry, with significant contributions from Soda Sales, Pizza Delivery, and Automobile Manufacturing. Average income is an impressive 111,705 Trens, but there is an enormous disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 662,506 per year while the poor average 8,669, a ratio of 76.4 to 1.
Many whiskies taste suspiciously like automobile radiators, terrorist videos start by thanking their sponsors, kids' party bags often contain candy and e-cigarettes, and drowning sailors are hung out to dry. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, probably because of the absence of a police force. Uljenph's national animal is the Moose, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Zoltevism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Uljenph, drowning sailors are hung out to dry.
- : Following new legislation in Uljenph, kids' party bags often contain candy and e-cigarettes.
- : Following new legislation in Uljenph, terrorist videos start by thanking their sponsors.
- : Following new legislation in Uljenph, many whiskies taste suspiciously like automobile radiators.
- : Uljenph was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Following new legislation in Uljenph, deli patrons examine their roast beef for undetonated explosives.
- : Following new legislation in Uljenph, all transmission towers have been temporarily diverted in order to establish dialogue with a comet.
- : Uljenph was endorsed by The Holy of Phoenician State.
- : Following new legislation in Uljenph, large areas of Uljenph are not accessible by the public.
- : Following new legislation in Uljenph, the most common answers to where babies come from are "uh... ask your mother" and "um... ask your father".
Endorsements Received: 1 » Phoenician State.