|Leader||Grand-Emperor Dominic Richardson Stuart|
The Empire of Jefferson Club is a massive, orderly nation, ruled by Grand-Emperor Dominic Richardson Stuart with an iron fist, and renowned for its sprawling nuclear power plants, rampant corporate plagiarism, and suspicion of poets. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless population of 2.624 billion Jefferson Clubians are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The large, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Gondor. The average income tax rate is 70.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The thriving Jefferson Clubian economy, worth 252 trillion Crowns a year, is quite specialized and mostly made up of the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Retail, and Door-to-door Insurance Sales. Black market activity is rampant. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 96,377 Crowns, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.3 times as much as the poorest.
Notable individuals are granted land and titles, the nation's endangered species are no longer endangered, there's no such thing as a safe bet, and graverobbers claim they're acting within the interest of 'scientific preservation'. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Jefferson Club's national animal is the Jaguar, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Violence.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Jefferson Club was endorsed by The Imperial Regency of Russian States of Eurasia.
- : Jefferson Club lost the endorsement of The Imperial Regency of Russian States of Eurasia.
- : Jefferson Club's influence in Confederation of Corrupt Dictators rose from "Vassal" to "Truckler".
- : Following new legislation in Jefferson Club, graverobbers claim they're acting within the interest of 'scientific preservation'.
- : Following new legislation in Jefferson Club, there's no such thing as a safe bet.
- : Following new legislation in Jefferson Club, the nation's endangered species are no longer endangered.
- : Following new legislation in Jefferson Club, notable individuals are granted land and titles.
- : Following new legislation in Jefferson Club, one complaint of Jefferson Club's new periodic table is it's easy to confuse fearlessleaderium with gloriousleaderium.
- : Following new legislation in Jefferson Club, radio stations are forbidden to play anything with too much drum or bass.
- : Jefferson Club lodged a message on the Confederation of Corrupt Dictators Regional Message Board.
Endorsements Received: 41 » ShrewLlamaLand, Depackya, Medici Empire, The Destroyers of Christianity, New England INC, Hellslayer, Eclius, Panthera Order, Exile Government of the RDFR, Impits Menouss, Marthuania, Fetra, Andoros, Shiya, Feuraxia, Sparkvernia, Mousto Readia, Daulmark, The Dixie Confederate Union, Hunem, Jocospor, Anomalokaris, New Sparta Ascendancy, Khanbaliq Mongolia, The Very Dark Place, East Turzikstan, Aryus Millitary Junta, Illuminant Bats, New Destrucion, Golden Impirial Utopia, The land of certain death, Eternal Iron, Zicona, Ridnez, Thorstonia, Complete and Utter Freedom, Systemic Corruption, The Yeetusa, Kinegiener, Kleptocratic Bureau of Foreign Affairs, and Russian States of Eurasia.