Yup, maximum sizes, not calibers in use. Since Ioudaia has some domestic gunmakers, and imports other suitable longarms, I think there will be many calibers in civilian use, and probably a variety of shotgun bores as well. I wasn't thinking of going into detail of the calibers/bore sizes.
I do like posting on the "your reaction to AN's news thread", mainly because I like to see what people think. However, sometimes it doesn't really work because they don't have the TWI context.
One thing I have noticed though is people using english as a sort of mixed conlang.Where they write in english but substitute made up words or foreign words in. This is somewhat interesting but actually annoying to read when you have to check the sig ever few words to know what they mean. It is also bordering on the no non-english rule of most threads, because I mean when you have half-english, half-dutch and half-made up words is it really still english. Anyway that is just something I have observed.
Also, I have nothing against conlangs.I think they are amazing if done well. You won't see people posting in them though because no one will understand and that's fair. It's better to have people understand what you're saying rather than confuse them by being unique and dare I say quirky.
THE WESTERN ISLES OFFICE OF ROLE-PLAY
NATION OF THE MONTH
- Greetings TWI-Islanders,
another month has passed, and summer is officially over, at least for me. It seems like things are never boring in TWI, as now we almost experienced a war, are fighting illegal overfishing and our crops are soon to be in danger. Lots of new promising nations on the map as well, that bring a fresh breeze into TWI. A quick shoutout to East Lankia and ReHaajl, who came in at a strong second and third place for this award this month.
Without further ado, I hope you enjoy this months, "Nation of the Month" Dispatch!
- - Uprea, Officer of Relations of the Office of Roleplay
- Najimam is an island located in the very north of TWI in the Argean Sea, between the nations of Vancouvia, Townside, Dormill and Stiura, Roendavar and San Jimenez. The country is deeply connected with its national religion Islam, as one can tell by the theocratic approach to government. Known for its excellent coffee and big agricultural sector, the country can be described as a developing economy. Its connection and devotion to its religion can be seen throughout the country, as it even has a whole city named Najinour dedicated to the practice, study and lifestyle of Islam.
Najimams Activity, IC and OOC in the forums is very imppressive. Over the course of one month, Najimam released 10 news post in the Western Isles News thread, covering all kinds of different topics. From the connection of theology with psychology to things that asre going on in Najimam, such as insect farming or illegal DNA experiments.
Najimam has also been involved in rising tension between ReHaajl and the nation of East Lankia. These tensions even escalated to an almost all-out confrontation between the two nations, who have now been exchanging peace talks in a seperate thread. Najimams foreign ministry has been in active contact with representatives from both nations and has greatly contributed to easing the tensions between the two nations.
As of lately, Najimam also got very involved in the "In the Dark" RP, posting a very well written first IC post from the perspective of a port worker.
- Over the course over the past month, Najimam also released 24 dispatches, which is an impressive number, although many of them still lack a little in content. Overall, what would seem to be a great next step for Najimam, would be the extension of its National Factbook Overview, for nations to get an even better understanding of Najimam. Other than that, its Activity is more than applaudable and is a great first sign for another good future RP Player present in the TWI Community.
Upon receiving the award, Najimam was asked to answer a few questions, which would also be shown in the dispatch:
- 1. What are your future plans, going forward with Najimam?
I plan on making Najimam a theocracy in the true sense of the word. Going forward, I want to primarily make factbooks about powerful religious institutions in Najimam and grow their influence in the western isles through RP. I also want to join as many RPs as I can to develop myself and include Najimam in the international scene. That's my long term goal.
2. How do you feel about the RP going on in TWI so far?
I've been enjoying RP in the western isles. It's been a great experience to interact with other nations and put much thought in various RP situations. Everyone is helpful and collaborative, which makes RP much more interesting and fun. I love the response I'm getting and it makes me want to be involved in more RPs.
3. Any future RP idea you may want to participate in or even host yourself?
I would love to participate in a RP involving religion. A RP idea I'm interested to host in the future would be about a religious organization trying to destabilize TWI.
4. Any thoughts on receiving the award?
It was very unexpected to receive this award since it is only my first month in TWI. It is truly an honor, it made me even more excited about Najimam's future in TWI and much more determined to turn Najimam into something exceptional.
5. Anything that would help you get even more established in TWI?
I find it a bit challenging to put the geographical aspects of Najimam in place. Finding the right placement for roads, lands, cities and mountains. Choosing the general weather of each area. Deciding population density and life expectancy among other things. I'm a slow learner so I'm working my way through all of it. I'm just getting started!
The Western Isles Office of Role-play
Winner for September has been decided! Enjoy reading this month's edition of "Nation of the Month"!
I would like to formally congratulate San Jimenez and Yursea for joining the Office of Recruitment! They’ll be taking on the positions of Officer for Advertising and Officer for Networking respectively.
They’ve both been outstanding members of the community IC and OOC, and I’m sure that they’re going to do wonderful in their new positions :)
No. This is Patrick.
Commonwealths are just better yknow?
That's no excuse though
I'm already excited for Christmans
For some reason East Lankia does not accept telegrams from me, even though there's no reason for them to not.
Does anyone know why this is?
Do you mean in a technical way (as in: they don't arrive at EL's) or does he actively not accept them and sends you back an automated message e.g. "You tried to send a telegram to East Lankia. That is not possible. To contact East Lankia, please fill in the purple form E42 for questions or the red X05 for complaints and send it to the East Lankian Department of Foreign Odds and Ends" ?