I recieved so many black market and still my black market is 0.1%
You hate to hear it.
Stop spamming the damn RMB.
Welcome to the region: Troughwater, Christian republic of pilrgims, Quazaria, Bruh moments 10, Bojjland, Zebress, Uzerstan, United mafia empire, East singapore, Tetthia, Sjorp, The king alablonniaion, CodeShark, Grand japanese state, The Co-Prosperity-Sphere, Lemunitia, Constel, La Montevideo, India bengal, The Commonwealth of Terran
If you aren't yet in the World Assembly, I recommend that you join the World Assembly and endorse our Delegate, OF Arian Hellas. This would make your nation a citizen in our region, granting you voting rights. It would also help increase the region's power in the World Assembly, as well as make the region safer.
Additionally, if you want, you can also join our Discord server, where we chill and do government business (which you can participate in): https://discord.gg/aAfgsv5
Lastly, if you are interested in joining the regional roleplay, you can check out the regional map here:
Founded January 15, 2016 - United December 25, 2016
Fill out the application to request a map spot. The Minister of Cartography reserves the right to ignore all requests not in the attached application.
1. Nations must have resided in the Free Nations Region (hereafter "the Region") for at least three (3) days before requesting a location on the map. SUSPENDED INDEFINITELY SINCE 08 APRIL 2019
2. Players must post as their nations (in-character/IC or roleplay/RP) at least once every two (2) weeks in the Roleplay Paradise. If it has been two weeks since the last IC or RP post, the nation can be considered inactive.
3. Nations that become inactive for more than half (1/2) of a week are considered "expired" and may be annexed by neighboring nations. Expired nations will be colored light gray on the map with red lettering. Nations that have been expired for more than 1 week will be removed.
4. Annexation should be a war RP (but does not have to be) between the annexing nation and the expired nation. Other nations may intervene as they see fit.
4A. If one (1) week passes after the start of annexation and no other nations have intervened militarily against the annexing nation, the latter may declare victory.
4B. Upon the annexing nation declaring victory, the expired nation will be relabeled to indicate that it has been occupied.
4C. Annexing nations must occupy an expired nation's land for at least one (1) week before it can be fully integrated.
5. If both annexing and expired nation are on the same landmass but do not share a border, the expired nation will not be integrated upon victory.
6. If the annexing nation and the expired nation are on two separate landmasses (e.g. island vs continent), the annexing nation must occupy the expired for at least one and a half (1.5) weeks before it can declare victory. However, nations may not integrate territories on separate continents nor annex expired nations more than two thousand (2,000) miles (3,200 kilometers) away.
7. If a nation has been expired for more than one (1) week and no annexation efforts have been made, it will be removed from the map.
8. New nations will be restricted to a size of no more than 3,000 miles (4,800 kilometers) from east-to-west and 2,500 miles (4,000 kilometers) north to south.
9. Players who expired and returned to find their nation annexed will be entitled to an automatic successful liberation of their former map spot one time only. This free liberation pass is only if the expired nation has been integrated for less than one (1) month. Alternatively, formerly expired players may continue RPing as a territory of the occupying nation.
10. White/blank space is off limits for invasion.
11. Nations must wait at least two (2) weeks after their last annexation attempt has been fully integrated (or aborted, depending on RP outcome) before starting another invasion and annexation.
12. Nations who depart the region without notice may have their territories marked as expired immediately.
13. When filling out the application, nations must specify their desired location and size. Vague answers, including but not limited to "anywhere" or "wherever," are grounds for rejection.
14. Repeated expirations and reinstatement of territory is grounds for permanent removal from the map.
15. New nations who do not make an RP post within one week of a map update will be removed. It is recommended, but not required, that new nations who have received a notice of approval for the map begin posting in the Roleplay Paradise as soon as possible.
16. Nations may only annex one expired nation at a time.
17. If a nation annexes an expired nation that has overseas territories, those overseas territories will not be part of the annexing nation.
18. The map is only for visualizing the current geopolitical situation; the age of RP posts will determine whether or not a particular nation is active, inactive, expired, or nonexistent.
19. Players may have up to 2 puppet nations on the map within a timeframe of 2 months. These puppet nations will be subject to the same expiration and annexation rules as other nations, with the only exception being that the player's main nation may not annex them. Additionally, they may not share land borders.
Map design regulations:
The designated font is Cambria, pure black (RGB code 0, 0, 0) or pure white (RGB code 255, 255, 255) depending on the nation's color. All text should fit on one line, but if the size of the landmass makes such a task impossible, multiple lines are allowed. Text will be italicized for active nations or unformatted for expired nations. Expired nations will have their pretitles, if included, removed; the font color to be used is red (RGB code 237, 28, 36).
The map is to be edited via Microsoft Paint or paint.net. No other programs may be used. If using paint.net, antialiasing must be disabled.
The colors to be used on the map will be limited to those under "Basic colors" in the "Edit colors" function. Colors of countries on the map should be similar to that of their flag. No nations bordering each other may have the same or similar colors. Expired nations will be in light gray (RGB code 195, 195, 195) and bordering expired nations may have the same color.
Oceans and other bodies of water will be light turquoise (RGB code 153, 217, 234).
and apply if you want.
If you have any questions, feel free to ask!
The Founder, and former President Crystalsummer walks out to the podium, pulls out a piece of paper and puts on his glasses.
My Fellow Citizens;
Over the past few weeks we have been fighting Covid-19. With that we have been challenged with staying at home, face isolation, and some people are even unemployed. I address you all tonight to tell you that you have the support of the entire FNR family. Recently, I knew someone who took their life because they couldnít handle the stress of life. I ask that if you are suffering, please reach out to your region mates here. Our goal is to stay united, and beat Covid-19 together. While we donít know when this battle will end, what we do know is here in FNR we are a family. This is more than just a game. People get on NS to escape from RL, meet new people, and be apart of a welcoming community. We here in FNR will continue to ensure that we meet those goals in our community. With that I hereby declare a day of prayer, and a day to unite. Check on your region mates to you left, and you right. Please donít hesitate to reach out to myself or other members here.
My second key point is to talk about Alvaria. I know a lot of concerned citizens have questioned will there be a merger? I can tell you that I have sat in many hours of talks, and I have drawn one conclusion. Alvaria needs time to sit down, and discuss what they really want to accomplish. I have told them privately, and now publicly, FNR supports them to save their region, to stay a true democratic region, find their identity, and achieve greatness. Stay united, letís beat Covid-19, and letís achieve greatness!!
A really small and young East Singapore walks up to the podium
Help me guys I've just been involved in a civil war and the country decided to separate. I seek your help and cooperation to defend me and my struggling economy.
Why did I get suppressen?
That ain't bro, bros
I will enndorse you
Your post had no meaning and is classified as spam. We donít tolerate that here on our RMB.
We live in a huge computer simulation and do not exist apart from the virtual world; all our memories are false, but our emotions and mind are real, being seamlessly saved and loaded into the world without knowing and remembering it (deja vu, anyone?). The number of players and their avatars is constantly changing, and the avatars have a maximum lifespan. There's a huge amount of players right now, but due to a new glitch being repaired, an update is forcing the closure of many accounts. Hence, covid-19.
Or something like that. We don't matter at all anyway, but this would be fun.
The Simulation Hypothesis. Another topic you can spend a lot of time thinking and debating about.
My opinion is: In the end it doesn't really matter. We can't prove or disprove the idea.
Interestingly, the Simulation Hypothesis is also one of the many proposed solutions to the Fermi Paradox. If we're only living in a simulation it could be that the creators of it made the simulation so that they could observe us. Hence no other intelligent species.
The creators of the simulation could be future humans or intelligent extraterrestrial life.
Either that or The Admins doesn't put in any other intelligent species other than us. Kinda like the Control Environment Theory, a subset theory on the Simulation Hypothesis.
I mean, if we are in an advanced simulation, what kind of simulation is it? a control type which many variables is being taken consideration, or uncontrolled type (based on the Chaos Theory) where either we being placed in an already made procedural environment, or a simulation which starts from zero/beginning (pure uncontrolled environment).
Welcome to the FNR!
Here's our Beginner's Guide:
Founded January 15, 2016 - United December 25, 2016
First of all, on behalf of the entire Free Nations Region, the Ministry of Interior Affairs would like to thank you for joining.
There's lots to get involved in around the Region, including (all the green-colored words given below are links):-
Become a Citizen. This gives you voting rights in the Region!
If you are new to NationStates, this Dispatch will tell you everything there is to know about NS. It's like an NS Encyclopedia.
If you need further help about NationStates or our region, you can send a telegram to the FNR.
Check out the Master Dispatch which contains links to everything to do with the Region.
If you are interested in taking part in our government by being a Roleplayer, Recruiter, Event Planner, Ambassador, Journalist, Artist, Cartographer, Lawyer and/or Dispatch Writer, please read this dispatch and inform us of how you can contribute via the Regional Discord.
Support our recruitment drive by donating stamps to the Region.
You can also join The Free Nations Defense Association; our Regional Military.
For Roleplay: Our Roleplay happens in The Roleplay Paradise. Check out the rules and the map over there.
You need to fill this application and send it to our Cartographer Hansdeltania to get a spot on the map:
ALL answers to the knowledge assessment may be found highlighted in the Map and RP rules dispatches.
A passing score for the assessments is 100 percent. Answering one question incorrectly will result in rejection.
Applications rejected on failed assessments must be redone in their entirety.
For the love of god, delete everything in parentheses! Copy and paste everything in the yellow block below and only the yellow block.
[b][u]Name of nation (if RPing under a different name, put that in parentheses):[/u][/b]
[b][u]Requested location and size:[/u][/b] (do not use vague answers like "anywhere" or "whatever size")
[b][u]Include pretitle?[/u][/b] (yes/no) (e.g. "Republic of _", "Kingdom of _", etc.) (The Cartographer reserves the right to leave the pretitle off due to spacing)
[b][u]Capital:[/u][/b] (don't worry if you haven't unlocked it yet; naming one even if it has not been unlocked yet can increase your RP participation.)
[b][u]Initial population:[/u][/b] (your nation's RP population when your new map spot gets published)
[b][u]Species:[/u][/b] (the species of your nation's citizensóthis is NOT the national animal)
[b][u]Is this a puppet nation? If so, identify the main nation account:[/u][/b] (write "N/A" if not applicable)
[b][u]Where are roleplays conducted?[/u][/b] (short answer)
[b][u]If Cartography has acknowledged receipt of this application/request but the map has not yet been updated, what type of roleplays are you allowed to do (if allowed) in the meantime?[/u][/b] (short answer)
[b][u]What happens if you leave the region without prior notice or warning?[/u][/b] (short answer)
[b][u]What is the time limit for posting an RP message upon publication of the map with your new map spot?[/u][/b]
[b][u]How experienced are you with roleplay?[/u][/b] (rate yourself on a scale of 1 to 10, with 1 being an absolute novice and 10 being a essentially an award-winning fiction writer)
[b][u]Are you willing to abide by the Roleplay Rules of the Free Nations Region?[/u][/b] (yes/no)
[b][u]Are you able to produce at least one quality roleplay post every two weeks? At least one per week is preferred.[/u][/b] (yes/no)
[b][u]Will you notify the Cartographer of any absences you expect so that you are not counted as 'AWOL' on the map?[/u][/b]
[b][u]Do you understand that roleplay is a requirement to remain on the map?[/u][/b]
[b][u]In your own words, what is godmodding?[/u][/b]