1. Campaigning for any elected position may start at any time before the election.
i. Campaigning persons must be a citizen of Callista.2
2. Candidates may run under any political organization that they want or they can run as an independent candidate.
i. Citizens campaigning must determine and announce their L. Prime Minister.2
ii. Citizens who are already in office under an elected office must finish the term of their previous office before accepting the responsibility of their new candidacy.5
iii. The holder of an elected office at the time of an election will hold the responsibilities of their office in the scenario described above.5
3. Campaigns cannot be declared after elections have started unless no candidate is running.
4. Prime Ministerial elections will be held on the 1st day of January, April, July, and October.
i. If there is only 1 candidate, that person automatically becomes the Prime Minister. If there are multiple candidates, the election will be decided via a two-round system, whereas the top two candidates advance to a second round if no one wins 51+% of the vote.
ii. All Elections will last 24 hours with the second round being held the next day for 24 hours.2
5. Head Judicial elections will be held on the 8th day of January, April, July, and October; 1 week after the Prime Minister elections are held.2
i. If there is only 1 candidate, that person automatically becomes the Head Justice. If there are multiple candidates, the election commences, and the candidate with the most amount of votes is instated as Head Justice. If no candidate reaches 51+% of the vote, a second round will commence with the top two candidates advancing.
6. For all elections of public officials, if a tie is to occur, the two leading candidates will discuss how they want to resolve the tie.
i. If within 16 hours of the election elapsing the 2 candidates have not reached a consensus, then a game of random chance will be held by the Tsar to determine the winner.
ii. Random chance games must be best out of 5 or agreed upon by the 2 candidates as otherwise.
iii. If the Tsar is not present to administer the game live, then the game may be administered to another person agreed upon by the 2 candidates; otherwise the game will be delayed until the Tsar can administer the chance game.
7. An election will be held on the 10th day of January, April, July, and October for the Minister of Roleplay.
i. If there is only 1 candidate, that person automatically becomes the Minister of Roleplay. If there are multiple candidates, the election commences, and the candidate with the most amount of votes is instated as Minister of Roleplay. If no candidate receives more than 51+% of the vote, a second round will commence with the top two candidates advancing.
8. In order to vote, you must be accepted as a citizen no less than 24 hours before the election starts.4
i. Citizens that have ceased to exist but are refounded must submit another citizenship form and be accepted no less than 24 hours before the election starts.
9. In the event that a scheduled election is not held on the date it is meant to be held, the election in question will be held the day in Eastern Standard Time after the error is first highlighted on the regional message board.
10. The Head Justice of Callista reserves the right to order an investigation into the results of any election if they have reason to suspect election manipulation. 11
i. Upon the order, the election is to be frozen and no new votes are to be counted.
ii. If it is proven beyond a reasonable doubt that election manipulation has taken place, the election is to be scrapped with the candidacy of the perpetrating party disqualified.
iii. If it is not proven beyond a reasonable doubt that election manipulation has taken place, the election is to commence as normal.
1: Amended on 2/5/2022.
2: Amended on 4/3/2022.
3: Amended on 4/6/2022.
4: Amended on 6/5/2022.
5: Amended on 7/28/2022.
6: Amended on 8/12/2022.
7: Amended on 10/17/2022.
8: Amended on 1/28/2023.
9: Amended on 5/14/2023.
10: Amended on 6/6/2023.
11: Amended on 7/16/2023.
12: Amended on 8/3/2023.
13: Amended on [Current Date][/box]