The Federal Republic of Zemlyakov is a huge, environmentally stunning nation, remarkable for its frequent executions, irreverence towards religion, and restrictive gun laws. The compassionate, democratic population of 668 million Zemlyakovians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, socially-minded, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Edessa. The average income tax rate is 75.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Zemlyakovian economy, worth 54.9 trillion jervs a year, is quite specialized and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Information Technology, and Automobile Manufacturing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 82,204 jervs, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Evenings at university debating societies often end with everyone acknowledging both sides may well be right, private pharmacies close down as medicinal drugs are given away freely by the government, members of the government all have oddly similar anecdotes about their childhoods, and the nation's biggest export is stupidity. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Zemlyakov's national animal is the wolf, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Zemlyakov, the nation's biggest export is stupidity.
- : Following new legislation in Zemlyakov, members of the government all have oddly similar anecdotes about their childhoods.
- : Zemlyakov was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Healthiest Citizens and Most Extensive Public Healthcare.
- : Zemlyakov voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Deadeye Jack".
- : Zemlyakov voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Freedom of dress".
- : Following new legislation in Zemlyakov, private pharmacies close down as medicinal drugs are given away freely by the government.
- : Following new legislation in Zemlyakov, evenings at university debating societies often end with everyone acknowledging both sides may well be right.
- : Following new legislation in Zemlyakov, it is illegal for police officers to carry out searches due to strict privacy laws.
- : Following new legislation in Zemlyakov, the Zemlyakovian Arts Council pays teenagers to sit through opera performances.
- : Following new legislation in Zemlyakov, RPG fans reminisce fondly about when people thought they were evil and dangerous rather than geeky and socially inept.
Endorsements Received: 46 » TESDAI, Ecarlas Adamas, Antarctican Immagrants, Friedmanica, New Tussia, Peacockastan, Deims Kir, New Slovakastan, Nadal Mobianordia, Dabonhaters, South-Central Rhodesia, Cilus, Nordhpadhan, Bonnie Blue Republic, Legoa, FrendLEEistan, Safya del norte, ToddHowardistan, Erher, Mitte Harchilania, Lapland-Finnmark, Novolyvosk, Nortexit, Singhapala Bisaya, Biggonian Megaist Empire, Austria-Latvia, Ingondean, Haverade, Nolan Burg, George-Harian, LumberCO, Cailona, Disnk, Bicala, The Democracy of Red Star, Ejsafc, Neo URSS, Crosanti, Penibral, Hollip, Ceylij, The Co-Prosperity-Sphere, Emperial Republic, Clemantis, MTF Beta-7 The Maz Hatters, and Uzhai.