The National Republic of Zeiling is a massive, genial nation, ruled by Alfold Kreigen with an even hand, and renowned for its daily referendums, complete lack of prisons, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate population of 2.049 billion Zeilingians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The enormous, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Education, Law & Order, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Budaresa. The average income tax rate is 96.3%.
The frighteningly efficient Zeilingian economy, worth 293 trillion Danubes a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing and Tourism. Average income is an impressive 143,422 Danubes, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.0 times as much as the poorest.
What happens in court stays in court, the government builds houses for foreign newcomers, teenagers are told they're not thinking about sex enough, and devotion to God is only skin-deep. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Zeiling's national animal is the gungan, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The Constitutional Monarchy of Maricoen dismissed Zeiling as Defense Minister of New Eastern Europe.
- : Zeiling lodged a message on the New Eastern Europe Regional Message Board.
- : Following new legislation in Zeiling, devotion to God is only skin-deep.
- : Following new legislation in Zeiling, teenagers are told they're not thinking about sex enough.
- : Following new legislation in Zeiling, the government builds houses for foreign newcomers.
- : Following new legislation in Zeiling, what happens in court stays in court.
- : Following new legislation in Zeiling, the police have been known to wiretap confessional boxes.
- : Following new legislation in Zeiling, the last thing Zeilingian soldiers hear before charging into battle is a preacher trying to convert them.
- : Following new legislation in Zeiling, the nation has nearly as many history museums as Zeilingians.
- : Zeiling was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Lowest Crime Rates.
Endorsements Received: 1 » Federal republic of Socialsts.