The United Socialist States of Yarkutsk is a massive, genial nation, ruled by Pete Seeger with an even hand, and notable for its frequent executions, sprawling nuclear power plants, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic population of 1.178 billion Yarkutskians enjoy extensive civil rights and enjoy a level of social equality free from the usual accompanying government corruption.
The large, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Guthrie. The average income tax rate is 81.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Yarkutskian economy, worth 128 trillion Iliads a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is dominated by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Arms Manufacturing, and Tourism. Average income is an impressive 108,679 Iliads, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Ignorance is considered a politically desirable quality, handling people's data is proving an immersive experience, innocent defendants often plead guilty for fear of receiving a much harsher sentence before jury, and military strategists are questioning the wisdom of subsidizing the economies of sworn enemies. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Yarkutsk's national animal is the Marmot, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Secularism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Yarkutsk, military strategists are questioning the wisdom of subsidizing the economies of sworn enemies.
- : Following new legislation in Yarkutsk, innocent defendants often plead guilty for fear of receiving a much harsher sentence before jury.
- : Yarkutsk was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Patriotic.
- : Following new legislation in Yarkutsk, handling people's data is proving an immersive experience.
- : Following new legislation in Yarkutsk, ignorance is considered a politically desirable quality.
- : Following new legislation in Yarkutsk, bread-gangs raid restaurant waste bins to stockpile uneaten rolls.
- : Following new legislation in Yarkutsk, one tree's worth of paperwork accompanies each imported log of timber.
- : Following new legislation in Yarkutsk, Loud Patriotic Music Day has been ranked the seventh best new holiday of the year.
- : Following new legislation in Yarkutsk, children are terrified that the 'flying police monster' will come to take them away in the night.
- : Yarkutsk endorsed The Island Imperium of Markanite.
Endorsements Received: 32 » DetroitSmash, Free Land of Rebellium, Alski, Solsevara, Liberdon, Kaprein, Geonomia, Macrasetia, Hashari Darussalam, Maconshinbernititte, Ilfarasia, The Soylent Green Party, Grimmywelsh, Anollasia, The Galactic American Imperium, Krystalveil, Faradova, Greater Theowherveld, Markanite, Bavhia, Jaegerpondonia, Swag Chief Bubba Estate, Lisokyo, Clialaad, United Kolance, Pickens Nation, Dustwind, Coldian, Havesia, Reformed Imperis, Striagro Uspil, and Iron Soviet.