The Commonwealth of Weatherwand is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, renowned for its museums and concert halls, smutty television, and unlimited-speed roads. The compassionate, democratic population of 1.583 billion Weatherwandians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized, liberal government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 55.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Weatherwandian economy, worth 163 trillion Wandcoins a year, is led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Retail. Average income is an impressive 103,066 Wandcoins, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Polite commuters on the Weatherwand City Metro always let hurried workers off the train first, Weatherwand City spends billions upgrading public transport, the nation's industries are scrambling to switch to biodegradable plastics, and smoking is banned in public areas. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Weatherwand's national animal is the Butterfly, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Weatherwand was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Advanced Public Transport and Most Cheerful Citizens.
- : Weatherwand voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Deadeye Jack".
- : Weatherwand voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Freedom of dress".
- : Following new legislation in Weatherwand, smoking is banned in public areas.
- : Following new legislation in Weatherwand, the nation's industries are scrambling to switch to biodegradable plastics.
- : Following new legislation in Weatherwand, Weatherwand City spends billions upgrading public transport.
- : Following new legislation in Weatherwand, polite commuters on the Weatherwand City Metro always let hurried workers off the train first.
- : Following new legislation in Weatherwand, edutainment video games are taking Weatherwand's students to the next level.
- : Weatherwand was endorsed by The Free Land of Songateri.
- : Weatherwand was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
Endorsements Received: 31 » BBoss, Tyuleniy, Doctors Orvos, Manoresca, Narvatus, Asianite, Obets, Grand Abaco, Sulivannia, Tiocfadh, Novostia, Dagny, Municipality of Baria and Vungtau, Parenlord, My Nation, Linkers Sha, Zuuri, Larontia, Novissima Terra, Emaha, United State of Ancolia, Artannia, Sparsdan, Gabeopolis, Northern Celtic Regions, Moka Pamplemousses, Somennia, People of Nolan, Europan Union, The Mikalan Empire, and Songateri.