The Oligarchy of Vystrania is a huge, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Triumvirate with an even hand, and remarkable for its compulsory military service, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and ubiquitous missile silos. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 962 million Vystranians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Altema. The average income tax rate is 42.1%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Vystranian economy, worth 81.5 trillion Cartels a year, is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Trout Farming, and Book Publishing. Average income is 84,765 Cartels, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.0 times as much as the poorest.
Many suspect that the 'Whinny The Plop' children's magazine contains covert criticism of Triumvirate, Max Barry is this year's Miss Vystrania, nine-year-olds' chat logs are scoured for evidence of radicalization, and Triumvirate's handshakes with opposition leaders usually lead to thumb wars. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Vystrania's national animal is the Swan, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Vystrania was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Influential.
- : Vystrania endorsed The Federation of Eroias.
- : Vystrania endorsed The Zombie Fruit of Dyllonia.
- : Vystrania was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Trout Fishing Sector.
- : Vystrania was endorsed by The Zombie Fruit of Dyllonia.
- : Vystrania was endorsed by The Federation of Eroias.
- : Following new legislation in Vystrania, Triumvirate's handshakes with opposition leaders usually lead to thumb wars.
- : Vystrania was reclassified from "Father Knows Best State" to "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy".
- : Following new legislation in Vystrania, nine-year-olds' chat logs are scoured for evidence of radicalization.
- : Following new legislation in Vystrania, Max Barry is this year's Miss Vystrania.
Endorsements Received: 36 » Sylh Alanor, Liphia, Tovenia, Tre Bia Land, Floofybit, Republic of Central Darfur, Melenavenia, Cadenzana, Araine, Narwhal, Laisou, Indimu, Elenaraghaenaris, Imbault, Lower French Gregballs, Pantala and Pyrrhia, Golden gateway, New Filippe, Typica, Sueloc, Cidaris, Nottinghaven, Fracoda, Parapollacis, Koayo, Chacapoya, Junitaki-cho, Bapaving, Valdonland, Kariforunia, Ellamaa, Michelland, Ideotopia, Inaros OPA, Eroias, and Dyllonia.