|Leader||Supreme Leader-Kerth Grounds|
The Communist Peoples Republik of Vid-Zer is a massive, orderly nation, ruled by Supreme Leader-Kerth Grounds with an iron fist, and renowned for its deadly medical pandemics, lack of airports, and enslaved workforce. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless population of 1.121 billion Vidian|Zerians are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The large, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized government is primarily concerned with Defense, although Law & Order, Administration, and Industry are also considered important, while Welfare and International Aid receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Vids-Town. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 64.5%.
The powerhouse Vid-Zerian economy, worth 126 trillion Joghs a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is an enormous, deeply entrenched black market in Arms Manufacturing, Uranium Mining, Woodchip Exports, and Trout Farming. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an impressive 112,829 Joghs, but there is a large disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 540,450 per year while the poor average 13,784, a ratio of 39.2 to 1.
Homesickness is thought to be a waterborne illness, veterans in wheelchairs are left waist-deep in rice paddies to gather grain, citizens who become homeless are immediately executed, and it's illegal to blow things up. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Vid-Zer's national animal is the Horned Falcon, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Atheism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Vid-Zer, it's illegal to blow things up.
- : Following new legislation in Vid-Zer, citizens who become homeless are immediately executed.
- : Following new legislation in Vid-Zer, veterans in wheelchairs are left waist-deep in rice paddies to gather grain.
- : Following new legislation in Vid-Zer, homesickness is thought to be a waterborne illness.
- : Following new legislation in Vid-Zer, almost all of the nation's water is piped into the country from abroad for exorbitant prices.
- : Following new legislation in Vid-Zer, Vid-Zer has become a gigantic dustbowl filled with tourists and mean desperados.
- : Vid-Zer changed its national faith to "Atheism".
- : Following new legislation in Vid-Zer, the government's official stance on religion is that it is so very silly.
- : Vid-Zer was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Unexpected Death Rate and the Top 10% for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens.
- : Following new legislation in Vid-Zer, the nation refuses to provide international aid.