The Corporate Republic of Vega Industries is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by Satoshi Arasaka with an iron fist, and remarkable for its pith helmet sales, national health service, and punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 2.793 billion Industrials are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The enormous, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Hybrasil. The average income tax rate is 95.9%.
The frighteningly efficient Industrial economy, worth 430 trillion Credits a year, is quite specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Trout Farming, and Tourism. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 154,050 Credits, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Soldiers are "encouraged" to advance by armed officers behind them, exam halls are littered with used needles and empty pill bottles, asking 'does my bum look big in this?' leads to 30 hours of self-esteem classes, and the government loves seeing the little people fight. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Vega Industries's national animal is the Fox, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Shinto.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Vega Industries was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Vega Industries was endorsed by The Free Land of Codpiece.
- : Vega Industries was endorsed by The Colony of Japan Guardian.
- : Vega Industries was endorsed by The Castlevania of Japanese Wallachia.
- : Vega Industries was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of United Pacific America.
- : Vega Industries was endorsed by The Republic of Pride Kakumei.
- : Vega Industries was endorsed by The Dictatorship of Nakamura Shogunate.
- : Vega Industries was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of Slit.
- : Vega Industries was endorsed by The Free Land of Annoyingly Kawaii.
- : Vega Industries was endorsed by The Empire of Kendoka.