|Leader||Prime Minister Paul Ackerman|
|Currency||Australian Dollar AUD$|
The Commonwealth of Australia of Vancouver Straits is a massive, socially progressive nation, ruled by Prime Minister Paul Ackerman with a fair hand, and renowned for its ubiquitous missile silos, otherworldly petting zoo, and daily referendums. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 2.795 billion Australians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The medium-sized, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Defense, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Canberra. The average income tax rate is 50.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Australian economy, worth 270 trillion Australian Dollar AUD$s a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Retail, Information Technology, and Tourism. Average income is 96,861 Australian Dollar AUD$s, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.0 times as much as the poorest.
Passionate nomination battles are often as intense as general elections, the government is promoting multicultural values with the new 'Just Be Nice, OK?' initiative, wood-framed catapults are ready to launch diseased corpses into besieged cities, and people reciting Shakespeare have become a common sight. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Vancouver Straits's national animal is the Kangaroo and its national religion is Secular.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Vancouver Straits voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Quebecshire".
- : Vancouver Straits voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Protecting Convicted Voters".
- : Vancouver Straits voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Ellenburg".
- : Vancouver Straits voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Protecting Native Prairies and Grasslands".
- : Vancouver Straits was endorsed by The Democratic States of Vooperya.
- : Vancouver Straits voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Regulation on the Integrity of Genetic Data".
- : Vancouver Straits published "Notes for 2025 Economic Statistics" (Account: Other).
- : Vancouver Straits published "Wikipedia Style War Sidebars" (Account: Other).
- : Vancouver Straits endorsed The Queendom of Kewtpuff.
- : Vancouver Straits was endorsed by The Queendom of Kewtpuff.
Endorsements Received: 20 » Philanialle, Ranponian, Cascadla, Metropolitan Francais, Paramountica, Nileia, Ghedeland, Canovia, Etheinia, Celdonie, Vorela, New Provenance, Cinigard, Clannadia, Jersey Republic, La Peninsula de Falconia, Southern Zirenydian, Salla Muscat, Kewtpuff, and Vooperya.