|Faith||Cultus Deorum Romanorum|
The Res publica of Upper Secundus is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by Decimus Rex with an iron fist, and notable for its deadly medical pandemics, keen interest in outer space, and free-roaming dinosaurs. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless, devout population of 7.625 billion Upper Secundians are rabid consumers, partly through choice and partly because the government tells them to and dissenters tend to vanish from their homes at night.
The relatively small, corrupt, well-organized government is primarily concerned with Defense, although Law & Order, Industry, and Administration are also considered important, while Welfare and Social Policy receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Upper Secundus. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 19.6%.
The frighteningly efficient Upper Secundian economy, worth a remarkable 1,814 trillion Aureuses a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Retail industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Arms Manufacturing, and Uranium Mining. Black market activity is rampant. Average income is an amazing 237,988 Aureuses, with the richest citizens earning 8.6 times as much as the poorest.
International collectors know that a grease-stain on a work of art probably means it's passed through Upper Secundus, Upper Secundian soldiers are assured their new ray-guns will finally power up after the next round of ominous chanting, Decimus Rex's latest speech included a bizarre reference to MaxWow incontinence pads being 50% more absorbent than the next leading brand, and teachers prefer to give 'Maybe, Maybe Not' tests when dealing with sensitive subjects. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force. Upper Secundus's national animal is the Eagle, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution, and its national religion is Cultus Deorum Romanorum.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Upper Secundus was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Timber Woodchipping Industry.
- : Upper Secundus agreed to construct embassies between Villa and Traveling Wilburys.
- : Upper Secundus was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Mining Sector and the Top 10% for Highest Poor Incomes.
- : Upper Secundus was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Valuable International Artwork.
- : Upper Secundus was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Furniture Restoration Industry.
- : Upper Secundus published "People who are cool and good" (Factbook: Miscellaneous).
- : Upper Secundus was reclassified from "Corporate Police State" to "Compulsory Consumerist State".
- : Upper Secundus agreed to construct embassies between Villa and SECFanatics.
- : Upper Secundus voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Data Protection Accord"".
- : Upper Secundus voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Audioslavia".
Endorsements Received: None.