|Leader||Cardinal Alexander Sullivan|
The Thomistic Republic of United Massachusetts is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by Cardinal Alexander Sullivan with a fair hand, and notable for its daily referendums, national health service, and otherworldly petting zoo. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 8.663 billion Bay Staters love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, socially-minded, outspoken government prioritizes Education, although Welfare, Environment, and Healthcare are also considered important, while Defense receives no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of New Boston. The average income tax rate is 98.8%.
The frighteningly efficient Bay Statian economy, worth a remarkable 1,451 trillion LifeMarks a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing and Tourism. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 167,564 LifeMarks, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The nation's taxpayers pay for foreign government's extravagances, hiding wrinkles with make-up is illegal, bargain hunters descend on disaster zones for a quick spot of grocery shopping, and in court almost every witness is a hostile witness. Crime is totally unknown. United Massachusetts's national animal is the Pug, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : United Massachusetts approved the World Assembly proposal "Commend Vilita and Turori".
- : United Massachusetts lodged a message on the Right to Life Regional Message Board.
- : United Massachusetts voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Ethical Treatment of Animals in Research".
- : United Massachusetts endorsed The Community of Under Ledzia.
- : United Massachusetts was endorsed by The Christian Empire of The Rouge Christmas State.
- : United Massachusetts was endorsed by The Community of Under Ledzia.
- : United Massachusetts was endorsed by The Holy Empire of Pope Saint Peter the Apostle.
- : United Massachusetts approved the World Assembly proposal "Rights of the employed".
- : United Massachusetts approved the World Assembly proposal "Military Identification Tag Act".
- : United Massachusetts approved the World Assembly proposal "Restrictions On Blood Sports".
Endorsements Received: 16 » The Eireann WA Delegation, The Gallant Old Republic, Phydios, Dolgavakia, Maria del Rey, Salty Seadog, Northern and Southern Texas, Rosa-Gallica, Derrician, Atloise, The Outer Banks of NC, Judah, Ronald R, Alhenica, Under Ledzia, and The Rouge Christmas State.