|Leader||President Emmanuel Macron|
The Empire of The Kingdom of Orlais is a massive, orderly nation, ruled by President Emmanuel Macron with an iron fist, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls, compulsory military service, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, devout population of 4.127 billion French are rabid consumers, partly through choice and partly because the government tells them to and dissenters tend to vanish from their homes at night.
The relatively small, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Spirituality, Defense, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Paris. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 8.8%.
The strong French economy, worth 311 trillion Crowns a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Beef-Based Agriculture, Book Publishing, and Gambling. Average income is 75,520 Crowns, with the richest citizens earning 7.8 times as much as the poorest.
Nature magazines featuring stick insects on their covers are sometimes mistaken for fashion magazines, conversion therapy coupons are a popular present for coming of age ceremonies, Roman Catholicism has been named as The Kingdom of Orlais's national religion, and the military is on a massive recruiting drive in advance of an invasion of Brasilistan. Crime, especially youth-related, is almost non-existent, thanks to a capable police force. The Kingdom of Orlais's national animal is the Imperial Eagle and its national religion is Roman Catholicism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The Kingdom of Orlais's influence in Greater Middle East rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : The Kingdom of Orlais published "Foreign Relations of the French Republic (WIP)" (Factbook: International).
- : The Kingdom of Orlais's influence in Greater Middle East rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : The Kingdom of Orlais's influence in Greater Middle East rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : The Kingdom of Orlais's influence in Greater Middle East rose from "Zero" to "Nipper".
- : The Kingdom of Orlais relocated from Nova Universalis to Greater Middle East.
- : The Kingdom of Orlais's influence in Nova Universalis rose from "Vassal" to "Truckler".
- : The Kingdom of Orlais published "French Republic (GME Application)" (Meta: Reference).
- : The Kingdom of Orlais changed a custom banner.
- : The Kingdom of Orlais created a custom banner.