The Rogue Nation of The Bunion is a large, socially progressive nation, renowned for its spontaneously combusting cars. The hard-working, democratic population of 62 million Bunionians live in a state of perpetual fear, as a complete breakdown of social order has led to the rise of order through biker gangs.
The tiny, pro-business, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Welfare. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 7.4%.
The strong Bunionian economy, worth 2.79 trillion Armchairs a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is fairly diversified and led by the Cheese Exports industry, with major contributions from Beef-Based Agriculture, Tourism, and Woodchip Exports. Average income is 44,930 Armchairs, but there is a large disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 186,697 per year while the poor average 7,078, a ratio of 26.4 to 1.
Organ donation rates are among the lowest in the region, it is illegal to make racist remarks in public, every new building project has to undergo a five-year environmental impact study before it can go ahead, and phone taps are frequently carried out by the police. Crime is a serious problem, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. The Bunion's national animal is the Puppy.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The Bunion's influence in The West Pacific rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : The Bunion published "the BUNION - Issue No. 3" (Bulletin: News).
- : The Bunion's influence in The West Pacific rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : The Bunion lodged a message on the The North Pacific Regional Message Board.
- : The Bunion lodged a message on the The West Pacific Regional Message Board.
- : The Bunion published "the Bunion - Issue No. 2" (Bulletin: News).
- : The Bunion was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Cheese Export Sector and the Top 10% for Most Politically Free, Largest Agricultural Sector, Greatest Rich-Poor Divides, and Most Pro-Market.
- : The Bunion's influence in The West Pacific rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : The Bunion published "So You Want to Write for the Bunion?" (Meta: Gameplay).
- : The Bunion published "Bunion Issues Index" (Meta: Reference).