The Constitutional Monarchy of Thanianberg is a very large, genial nation, remarkable for its complete lack of prisons, frequent executions, and pith helmet sales. The hard-working, devout population of 121 million Thanianbergians enjoy some of the most opulent lifestyles in the region, unless they are unemployed or working-class, in which case they are variously starving to death or crippled by easily preventable diseases.
The relatively small government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Welfare, and Spirituality. The average income tax rate is 12.7%.
The very strong Thanianbergian economy, worth 9.04 trillion thans a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Gambling, Uranium Mining, and Door-to-door Insurance Sales. Average income is 74,725 thans, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.2 times as much as the poorest.
Athletes and street criminals compete for solid steel baseball bats, rude retail employees are now even ruder homeless panhandlers, it is illegal to distribute Girl Guide Cookies without an advanced food hygiene diploma, and advertisements read like science journal articles complete with extensive references. Crime is a problem, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Thanianberg's national animal is the Cerberus, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The Aztec Insurgency of The Erwin Islands dismissed Thanianberg as Pollmaster of Lake Obsidian.
- : Thanianberg's influence in Lake Obsidian rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : Thanianberg voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Fairness in Collective Bargaining"".
- : Thanianberg created a new poll in Lake Obsidian: "If you were to pick a sate to get rid of in the U.S., which one would it be?".
- : Following new legislation in Thanianberg, advertisements read like science journal articles complete with extensive references.
- : Following new legislation in Thanianberg, it is illegal to distribute Girl Guide Cookies without an advanced food hygiene diploma.
- : Following new legislation in Thanianberg, rude retail employees are now even ruder homeless panhandlers.
- : Thanianberg lodged a message on the Lake Obsidian Regional Message Board.
- : Thanianberg's influence in Lake Obsidian rose from "Zero" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Thanianberg was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens.
Endorsements Received: None.