The Empire of Tertania is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Jameson King with an iron fist, and notable for its complete lack of prisons, smutty television, and punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless population of 5.4 billion Tertanians are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The large, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Isonphis. The average income tax rate is 98.5%.
The frighteningly efficient Tertanian economy, worth a remarkable 1,332 trillion Tertans a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an amazing 246,696 Tertans, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
History textbook pages are used as impromptu tissues by distraught students, consumption of cat memes has skyrocketed, the needs of the living outweigh the needs of the dead, and military pilots spend more time scraping feathers off their engines than flying their aircraft. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Tertania's national animal is the raven, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Tertania published "Tertanian Premier Division" (Factbook: Culture).
- : Tertania was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Furniture Restoration Industry.
- : Following new legislation in Tertania, military pilots spend more time scraping feathers off their engines than flying their aircraft.
- : Following new legislation in Tertania, the needs of the living outweigh the needs of the dead.
- : Following new legislation in Tertania, consumption of cat memes has skyrocketed.
- : Following new legislation in Tertania, history textbook pages are used as impromptu tissues by distraught students.
- : Tertania endorsed The Confederacy of Baltijum.
- : Tertania was endorsed by The Confederacy of Baltijum.
- : Tertania lodged a message on the Confederation of Corrupt Dictators Regional Message Board.
- : Following new legislation in Tertania, conductors wield diamond-encrusted batons to fit in with their freshly gilded surroundings.
Endorsements Received: 36 » West Heisen, Depackya, ShrewLlamaLand, Fetra, Hellslayer, Vale Helsraetoni, Jefferson Club, Feuraxia, The Destroyers of Christianity, Panthera Order, The Yeetusa, VlaRiSsiA, New England INC, Jocospor, New Sparta Ascendancy, Hunem, HMS NHS, Oigrim, Russian States of Eurasia, Trivilin, Golden Impirial Utopia, East Turzikstan, Eternal Iron, Deman Kalan, Daulmark, Kleptocratic Bureau of Foreign Affairs, Thorstonia, Medici Empire, Marthuania, Andoros, Aeioux, Shiya, New Destrucion, Systemic Corruption, Codeia, and Baltijum.