|Leader||Supreme Leader Turbo Runner|
The Commonwealth of Teresar is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Supreme Leader Turbo Runner with an even hand, and remarkable for its prohibition of alcohol, pith helmet sales, and punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed, devout population of 1.704 billion Teresarians are prohibited from doing almost everything except voting, which they do timidly and conservatively.
The large, moralistic government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Clargon. The average income tax rate is 68.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The very strong Teresarian economy, worth 163 trillion dollars a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is broadly diversified, is dominated by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Woodchip Exports, and Uranium Mining. Average income is 96,038 dollars, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The government has officially clarified that "wee on your hands to save time" does not count as proper hygiene, party leaders rely on horoscopes to create "ticket balance", reporters who negatively comment on politicians' haircuts are cut from the news, and murderers facing life in prison listen to long sermons on positive thinking. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Teresar's national animal is the eagle, which can occasionally be seen dodging aircraft in the nation's cities, and its national religion is Christianity.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Teresar's influence in The North Atlantic Commonwealth rose from "Apprentice" to "Vassal".
- : Teresar's influence in The North Atlantic Commonwealth rose from "Squire" to "Apprentice".
- : Teresar's influence in The North Atlantic Commonwealth rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : Teresar's influence in The North Atlantic Commonwealth rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : Teresar's influence in The North Atlantic Commonwealth rose from "Zero" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Teresar was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Timber Woodchipping Industry and Highest Foreign Aid Spending.
- : Teresar relocated from The Global Democratic Union to The North Atlantic Commonwealth.
- : Teresar relocated from Lazarus to The Global Democratic Union.
- : Following new legislation in Teresar, murderers facing life in prison listen to long sermons on positive thinking.
- : Following new legislation in Teresar, reporters who negatively comment on politicians' haircuts are cut from the news.