The Republic of Tabarynthia is a massive, socially progressive nation, notable for its prohibition of alcohol, national health service, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic population of 1.23 billion Tabarynthians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, socially-minded, outspoken morass — juggles the competing demands of Healthcare, Education, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Obsidian. The average income tax rate is 81.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The thriving Tabarynthian economy, worth 72.1 trillion pounds a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector is mostly made up of the Tourism industry. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 58,622 pounds, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Tabarynthia's heavy congestion charges are the bane of motorists' lives, people have become comfortably numb, it's harder to qualify for IVF than for a good university, and destitute athletes are forced to train in the street. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Tabarynthia's national animal is the Fox, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Tabarynthia, destitute athletes are forced to train in the street.
- : Following new legislation in Tabarynthia, it's harder to qualify for IVF than for a good university.
- : Following new legislation in Tabarynthia, people have become comfortably numb.
- : Following new legislation in Tabarynthia, Tabarynthia's heavy congestion charges are the bane of motorists' lives.
- : Following new legislation in Tabarynthia, Obsidian's main city thoroughfare has been blocked by a row of leyland cypresses that mysteriously appeared overnight.
- : Tabarynthia was reclassified from "Liberal Democratic Socialists" to "Left-wing Utopia".
- : Tabarynthia was endorsed by The Kingdom of Potenzia.
- : Tabarynthia lost the endorsement of The Kingdom of Potenzia.
- : Tabarynthia was endorsed by The Federal Republic of Erimea.
- : Tabarynthia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Subsidized Industry.