|Leader||Prime Minister Gwen Cardinia|
The Bird Land of Southern-Aves is a massive, safe nation, ruled by Prime Minister Gwen Cardinia with a fair hand, and notable for its rampant corporate plagiarism, smutty television, and keen interest in outer space. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic, cheerful population of 3.269 billion Southern-Avesians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, liberal, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Cockatoo. The average income tax rate is 94.1%.
The frighteningly efficient Southern-Avesian economy, worth 460 trillion Aviaries a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Trout Farming. Average income is an impressive 140,870 Aviaries, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Access to the woods is only granted to those who bring a small shrubbery, octogenarian swimsuit models insist that they've still got it, fat-shaming is now public policy, and money grows on trees. Crime is totally unknown. Southern-Aves's national animal is the Blue-and-gold Macaw, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Birdism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Southern-Aves was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Highest Workforce Participation Rate.
- : Following new legislation in Southern-Aves, money grows on trees.
- : Following new legislation in Southern-Aves, fat-shaming is now public policy.
- : Following new legislation in Southern-Aves, octogenarian swimsuit models insist that they've still got it.
- : Following new legislation in Southern-Aves, access to the woods is only granted to those who bring a small shrubbery.
- : Southern-Aves changed its national capital to "Cockatoo".
- : Southern-Aves voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Long-Term Storage Of Produced Waste".
- : Following new legislation in Southern-Aves, advertisements for jobs in the sciences run in fashion magazines.
- : Southern-Aves endorsed The United Republic of Zephron-Siparun.
- : Southern-Aves was endorsed by The Commonwealth of Iced Coffee.