The Smiling Boy of Snowman is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by Yelah Rekkab with an even hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls, national health service, and daily referendums. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 7.284 billion Snowpeople enjoy extensive civil rights and enjoy a level of social equality free from the usual accompanying government corruption.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked morass — juggles the competing demands of Healthcare, Education, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Steamboat. The average income tax rate is 95.1%.
The frighteningly efficient a Snow Person economy, worth 721 trillion Peaches a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism and Basket Weaving. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 99,075 Peaches, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Phone taps are frequently carried out by the police, Yelah Rekkab is called 'Patches' at international summits, businesses that prove successful are immediately broken up, and citizens select which government department gets their income tax Peaches each year. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Snowman's national animal is the Reindeer, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Christianity.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Snowman was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Valuable International Artwork.
- : Snowman was endorsed by The Republic of Winds Wreck.
- : Snowman was endorsed by The Queendom of Starlight Glimmer 109.
- : Snowman was endorsed by The Republic of Makasta6.
- : Snowman was endorsed by The Armed Republic of Market-40.
- : Snowman voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Long-Term Storage Of Produced Waste".
- : Snowman voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Kelssek".
- : Following new legislation in Snowman, citizens select which government department gets their income tax Peaches each year.
- : Snowman lodged a message on the Christmas Regional Message Board.
- : Following new legislation in Snowman, businesses that prove successful are immediately broken up.