The Republic of Slaato is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by Ethan Locke with a fair hand, and notable for its vat-grown people, public floggings, and frequent executions. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 5.895 billion Hamsters are either ruled by a sleek, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.
The relatively small government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Healthcare, and Industry. The average income tax rate is 12.1%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Slaatoan economy, worth 480 trillion Zalids a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Tourism, and Information Technology. Average income is 81,510 Zalids, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.4 times as much as the poorest.
Government police forces protect public schools from the threat of protest, city rooftops are pockmarked with the shattered remains of high velocity delivery drones, teddy bears and pajamas have replaced briefcases and suits in Slaato's offices, and referenda can be called for any law at the request of at least one third of the voting population. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Slaato's national animal is the Panda, which can occasionally be seen sifting through garbage in the nation's cities.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Slaato's influence in Lazarus rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Slaato's influence in Lazarus rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Slaato's influence in Lazarus rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Slaato relocated from Karma to Lazarus.
- : Slaato resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Slaato was endorsed by The People's Republic of Far Dinanaurn Altowayfar.
- : Slaato was endorsed by The Confederacy of Independant Islands.
- : Slaato endorsed The Republic of You Should See Me in a Crown.
- : Slaato endorsed The Fertilized Mountains of The Litterbox.
- : Slaato endorsed The Dancing Plagues of Levont.