The United Socialist States of Skorvania is a huge, safe nation, renowned for its compulsory military service and irreverence towards religion. The hard-working, democratic population of 204 million Skorvanians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The tiny government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Welfare, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 7.8%.
The strong Skorvanian economy, worth 13.1 trillion Skorvanian Dollaes a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Door-to-door Insurance Sales industry, with major contributions from Pizza Delivery, Cheese Exports, and Beef-Based Agriculture. Average income is 64,327 Skorvanian Dollaes, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.9 times as much as the poorest.
Crime, especially youth-related, is well under control. Skorvania's national animal is the lion, which can occasionally be seen sifting through garbage in the nation's cities.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Skorvania's influence in Khuzifenq rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Skorvania's influence in Khuzifenq rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Skorvania's influence in Khuzifenq rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Skorvania's influence in Khuzifenq rose from "Zero" to "Nipper".
- : Skorvania relocated from Union of Allied States to Khuzifenq.
- : Skorvania published "Legislation of Skorvania" (Factbook: Politics).
- : Skorvania relocated from The South Pacific to Union of Allied States.
- : Skorvania changed its national currency to "Skorvanian Dollae".
- : Skorvania altered its national flag.
- : Skorvania was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Insurance Industry and Largest Pizza Delivery Sector and the Top 10% for Largest Cheese Export Sector.