|Faith||the Church of Shurdington|
The City and District of Shurdington is a massive, safe nation, ruled by Prince George with an even hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls, avowedly heterosexual populace, and exploding hoverboards. The hard-working, devout population of 1.561 billion Shurdingtonians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Environment, Education, and Spirituality. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Saint Claire. The average income tax rate is 34.7%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Shurdingtonian economy, worth 106 trillion pounds a year, is quite specialized and mostly made up of the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Basket Weaving, and Beef-Based Agriculture. Average income is 68,228 pounds, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.4 times as much as the poorest.
Pregnant hitchhikers with signs requesting rides to "competent care" are a common sight on Shurdingtonian roads, midnight raids drag couples from their homes in the name of decency, organ donation rates are among the lowest in the region, and every day's an auto-de-fé day. Crime is totally unknown. Shurdington's national animal is the dove, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is the Church of Shurdington.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Shurdington, every day's an auto-de-fé day.
- : Following new legislation in Shurdington, organ donation rates are among the lowest in the region.
- : Following new legislation in Shurdington, midnight raids drag couples from their homes in the name of decency.
- : Shurdington published "Map of Shurdington" (Meta: Reference).
- : Shurdington published "The Prince of Shurdington" (Meta: Reference).
- : Shurdington lodged a message on the The Localist Alliance Regional Message Board.
- : Shurdington agreed to construct embassies between The Localist Alliance and Region Of Capitalists.
- : Shurdington proposed constructing embassies between The Localist Alliance and The Confederacy of Free Nations.
- : Shurdington rejected a request from SECFanatics for an embassy with The Localist Alliance.
- : Following new legislation in Shurdington, pregnant hitchhikers with signs requesting rides to "competent care" are a common sight on Shurdingtonian roads.