The Grey Havens of Shaizan is a gargantuan, cultured nation, renowned for its pith helmet sales, hatred of cheese, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 10.558 billion Elves have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Education, Defense, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Osgiliath. The average income tax rate is 97.8%.
The frighteningly efficient Shaizanian economy, worth a remarkable 2,214 trillion Tharnis a year, is highly specialized and dominated by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Tourism, and Arms Manufacturing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an amazing 209,786 Tharnis, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Thieves find battery shops juicier targets than banks, pet loving officers arrest citizens who don't give their dogs enough biscuits, male cubicle workers stand up every time a woman enters the room, and paralegals spend all day Hewlett-Packing attorneys' law briefs. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Shaizan's national animal is the Great Eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Shaizan, paralegals spend all day Hewlett-Packing attorneys' law briefs.
- : Shaizan was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Least Corrupt Governments.
- : Shaizan endorsed The Stratocratic Commonwealth of Costelberg.
- : Following new legislation in Shaizan, male cubicle workers stand up every time a woman enters the room.
- : Following new legislation in Shaizan, pet loving officers arrest citizens who don't give their dogs enough biscuits.
- : Following new legislation in Shaizan, thieves find battery shops juicier targets than banks.
- : Following new legislation in Shaizan, the election for Leader's office's janitor is heating up.
- : Following new legislation in Shaizan, both diets and economic output are growing leaner with recent restrictions to free trade.
- : Following new legislation in Shaizan, foreign leaders with unpaid parking tickets are often refused entry.
- : Following new legislation in Shaizan, the wheel has been patented by at least a hundred people.
Endorsements Received: 35 » BBoss, Narvatus, My Nation, Sulivannia, Grand Abaco, Linkers Sha, Gufand, Artannia, Tiocfadh, Great Sothos, Moka Pamplemousses, Karsopolis, Laidir, Emaha, Ratakosha, Municipality of Baria and Vungtau, The Free France, ZenPenguin, Zuuri, Literian, Asianite, Manoresca, Tyuleniy, Santo Andreo, Obets, Larontia, Novissima Terra, Archargentina, United State of Ancolia, Gabeopolis, Northern Celtic Regions, Snowlun, Somennia, The Pirotian Republic, and Europan Union.