The Empire of Serpenta is a huge, safe nation, remarkable for its frequent executions, irreverence towards religion, and devotion to social welfare. The cynical population of 253 million Serpentans are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The large, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Law & Order. The average income tax rate is 49.7%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The Serpentan economy, worth 11.0 trillion coins a year, is led by the Door-to-door Insurance Sales industry, with significant contributions from Basket Weaving, Retail, and Woodchip Exports. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 43,295 coins, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The Foreign Ministry thinks an eye for an eye is a blindingly good idea, the government thinks Serpentans can achieve social cohesion by drinking soda together, all children's clothes come in only cream and off-white to prevent offense, and drivers regularly pull over for nonexistent police cars. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Serpenta's national animal is the snake, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Serpenta was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Welfare Programs.
- : Serpenta was reclassified from "Iron Fist Consumerists" to "Father Knows Best State".
- : Serpenta was endorsed by The Paradigm Shift of Hipsters With Airpods.
- : Serpenta voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Citizenship And Birth Act".
- : Serpenta withdrew its endorsement from The Machiavellian State of Gothic Vandelia.
- : Serpenta endorsed The Paradigm Shift of Hipsters With Airpods.
- : Serpenta was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Serpenta was endorsed by Puetavisa.
- : Following new legislation in Serpenta, drivers regularly pull over for nonexistent police cars.
- : Serpenta voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Kelssek".
Endorsements Received: 1 » Hipsters With Airpods.