The Community of Selinoz is a huge, safe nation, notable for its rum-swilling pirates, anti-smoking policies, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic, devout population of 296 million Selinozians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The large, liberal, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Environment. The average income tax rate is 54.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The strong Selinozian economy, worth 16.4 trillion Binks a year, is quite specialized and dominated by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Cheese Exports, Book Publishing, and Door-to-door Insurance Sales. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 55,338 Binks, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The installation of street lights across remote goat tracks has left citizens bemused, no cul-de-sac or trailer park is complete without a gambling parlor, the tinfoil-hat crowd also recommend tinfoil wallets, and families are left homeless as entire suburbs are bulldozed on the whim of tribal chiefs. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Selinoz's national animal is the Sloth, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Selinoz was endorsed by The Hermit Kingdom of Iron Soviet.
- : Selinoz was endorsed by The United Xzec Peoples of Boroii.
- : Following new legislation in Selinoz, families are left homeless as entire suburbs are bulldozed on the whim of tribal chiefs.
- : Following new legislation in Selinoz, the tinfoil-hat crowd also recommend tinfoil wallets.
- : Following new legislation in Selinoz, no cul-de-sac or trailer park is complete without a gambling parlor.
- : Following new legislation in Selinoz, the installation of street lights across remote goat tracks has left citizens bemused.
- : Following new legislation in Selinoz, no one is quite sure what many government officials look like.
- : Selinoz voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Northern Borland".
- : Following new legislation in Selinoz, party affiliation is just as irrelevant as campaign promises.
- : Following new legislation in Selinoz, the nation has welcomed its expats back with open arms.
Endorsements Received: 55 » Free Land of Rebellium, Vivolkha, The Galactic American Imperium, Reformed Imperis, Greater Theowherveld, Old Atlantica, Kaltovar, Cathamye, The African Emirates, Samonaemia, Better Indonesia, Grimmywelsh, Markanite, Union of Socialist Irish Republics, Dustwind, The Soylent Green Party, Palman, Treeford, Republic of Libriano, Lower Phlebacite, Ilfarasia, Namakan, Immortal Anfield, Clialaad, United Kolance, Creeptopia, Macrasetia, Seranis, Colonel Terrosit, Pickens Nation, Malayn, SCAPT, Stroulia, Faradova, DetroitSmash, Keswickholt, Zeganas, Anollasia, Katitania, Solsevara, City of Saint Nicolas, Jaegerpondonia, Syedians, The Snake Brotherhood, Kaprein, Maalemzya, Krystalveil, Grungerock, Germanic and Jewish people, Generic Country Name That Is Available, and 5 others.Violent Trees, Slaytania, Solleana, Boroii, and Iron Soviet.