|Leader||The Senior Congress of Santo Andreo|
The United Democratic Republic of Santo Andreo is a colossal, genial nation, ruled by The Senior Congress of Santo Andreo with an even hand, and renowned for its closed borders, daily referendums, and absence of drug laws. The compassionate, hard-working, devout population of 5.586 billion Santo Andreoans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The enormous, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Education, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Santo Barbados. The average income tax rate is 90.9%.
The frighteningly efficient Santo Andreoan economy, worth 649 trillion Reos a year, is quite specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Arms Manufacturing, and Furniture Restoration. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 116,204 Reos, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.7 times as much as the poorest.
Muscular women are banned from competing in sporting competitions, fur coats have become the latest fashion trend, the nation is wading into dangerous waters, and The Senior Congress of Santo Andreo is called 'Patches' at international summits. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Santo Andreo's national animal is the Golden Lion, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Santo Andreo, The Senior Congress of Santo Andreo is called 'Patches' at international summits.
- : Following new legislation in Santo Andreo, the nation is wading into dangerous waters.
- : Following new legislation in Santo Andreo, fur coats have become the latest fashion trend.
- : Santo Andreo voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Ellenburg".
- : Santo Andreo voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Protecting Native Prairies and Grasslands".
- : Following new legislation in Santo Andreo, muscular women are banned from competing in sporting competitions.
- : Following new legislation in Santo Andreo, soldiers with colourful mohawks make themselves perfect targets for snipers.
- : Following new legislation in Santo Andreo, schoolchildren's "what I did on my holidays" essays tend to be somewhat homogeneous.
- : Following new legislation in Santo Andreo, international collectors know that a grease-stain on a work of art probably means it's passed through Santo Andreo.
- : Following new legislation in Santo Andreo, kids feel more beat up than ever after a hard day at school.
Endorsements Received: 57 » My Nation, Narvatus, Emaha, BBoss, Grand Abaco, Literian, Shaizan, Sparsdan, Tiocfadh, Linkers Sha, Sulivannia, Zuuri, Laidir, MexUsCan, Parenlord, The Republic of Awesometopia, Asianite, Manoresca, Municipality of Baria and Vungtau, Artannia, Tyuleniy, Obets, Novissima Terra, Larontia, Cape Adamantis, Dagny, Demonville, Nevtheria, Great Sothos, Alternamerica, United State of Ancolia, BBA, Mazum Sherrys, People of Nolan, The Egalitarian Dominion of Yutes, Latviarr, Moka Pamplemousses, The Pirotian Republic, Muchansskloni, SIDDHARISTAN, Roberdian, Diarock, Gabeopolis, The Mikalan Empire, Northern Celtic Regions, Kastagistan, The Free France, Archargentina, Somennia, Europan Union, and 7 others.Novostia, Ode Duddis, Tan Talaba, Snowlun, Ocean Federation, Karsopolis, and Kalare.