The Rogue Nation of Ripar is a massive, safe nation, renowned for its compulsory military service, keen interest in outer space, and irreverence towards religion. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 1.145 billion Riparians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Administration, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 27.4%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The strong Riparian economy, worth 64.1 trillion Keeses a year, is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Woodchip Exports, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Basket Weaving. Average income is 55,956 Keeses, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.1 times as much as the poorest.
The new 'Who Wants To Be A Politician' election debate auditions are more popular than the debates themselves, military spending is on the increase, the government is making attempts at curtailing the flood of spam emails with little progress, and all government facilities are built in the subterranean citadel of Ripar City. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Ripar's national animal is the Bats, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Ripar published "Model UN Resolution #5" (Factbook: International).
- : Ripar was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Timber Woodchipping Industry.
- : Ripar published "3/19 Capital City" (Factbook: Legislation).
- : Following new legislation in Ripar, all government facilities are built in the subterranean citadel of Ripar City.
- : Ripar published "3/11 People Upset at a lot of Spam Emails" (Factbook: Legislation).
- : Following new legislation in Ripar, the government is making attempts at curtailing the flood of spam emails with little progress.
- : Ripar published "3/5 Demand for increased military Spending" (Factbook: Military).
- : Following new legislation in Ripar, military spending is on the increase.
- : Ripar published "Model UN Resolution #4" (Factbook: International).
- : Ripar was reclassified from "Moralistic Democracy" to "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy".
Endorsements Received: None.