|Capital||the Admin Tower|
The Fanciful Tales of Refuge Isle is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by Arch-Administrator Luca with a fair hand, and renowned for its complete lack of prisons, soft-spoken computers, and multi-spousal wedding ceremonies. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 4.737 billion Refugi hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, liberal, outspoken government prioritizes Education, with Environment, Welfare, and Administration also on the agenda, while Defense receives no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of the Admin Tower. The income tax rate is 100.0%.
The frighteningly efficient Refugi economy, worth 882 trillion planets a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism and Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 186,263 planets, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
There's an aura of pseudoscience around academia, an endless multinational bureaucracy connects the Red Bloc, the government has solemnly sworn not to look up other nations' internet browsing history if the favor is returned, and hardline members of the Red Bloc consider Arch-Administrator Luca a filthy revisionist traitor. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Refuge Isle's national animal is the SimpleBot, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is The Zyqxuwy.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Refuge Isle was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of Ongmonnif.
- : Refuge Isle was endorsed by The Holy Empire of Liphia.
- : Following new legislation in Refuge Isle, hardline members of the Red Bloc consider Arch-Administrator Luca a filthy revisionist traitor.
- : Following new legislation in Refuge Isle, the government has solemnly sworn not to look up other nations' internet browsing history if the favor is returned.
- : Refuge Isle was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Refuge Isle was endorsed by The Egalitarian Republic of Araine.
- : Refuge Isle was endorsed by The Eco-Socialist Republic of Sylh Alanor.
- : Refuge Isle voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Lily".
- : Refuge Isle voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Fairness in Collective Bargaining"".
- : Refuge Isle endorsed The Eco-Socialist Republic of Sylh Alanor.