The People's Republic of Quanzo is a small, safe nation, remarkable for its irreverence towards religion, punitive income tax rates, and devotion to social welfare. The quiet, industrious population of 20 million Quanzoans are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Education, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 64.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The struggling Quanzoan economy, worth 374 billion quanzos a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, quite specialized black market in Trout Farming, Basket Weaving, Book Publishing, and Uranium Mining. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 18,704 quanzos, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The government is paving paradises to put up parking lots, airplane passenger seat sizes and ticket prices are both first-class, there has been a rapid increase of noise complaints over the sound of buzzing bees, and loss of the ability to speak is a common affliction of the elderly. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Quanzo's national animal is the frog, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Quanzo lost the endorsement of The Empire of The Greatest Place.
- : Quanzo became WA Delegate of Quanzo.
- : Quanzo's influence in Quanzo rose from "Zero" to "Hermit".
- : Quanzo was endorsed by The Empire of The Greatest Place.
- : Quanzo granted Communications and Polls authority to The Colony of Oriental Trade CO as Homeland Officer in Quanzo.
- : Quanzo updated the World Factbook entry in Quanzo.
- : Quanzo added the tag "Anti-Fascist" to Quanzo.
- : Quanzo added the tag "Anti-Capitalist" to Quanzo.
- : Quanzo appointed The Colony of Oriental Trade CO as Homeland Officer with authority over Appearance in Quanzo.
- : Quanzo lodged a message on the Quanzo Regional Message Board.
Endorsements Received: None.