The Kingdom of Potaen is a massive, genial nation, ruled by Prince Daniel with an even hand, and remarkable for its avant-garde cinema, ubiquitous missile silos, and restrictive gun laws. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic, devout population of 1.439 billion Potaeians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Administration, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Capitis. The average income tax rate is 75.0%.
The frighteningly efficient Potaeian economy, worth 139 trillion Poteses a year, is quite specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Arms Manufacturing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 96,773 Poteses, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.3 times as much as the poorest.
The digital money revolution has cashed out, scientists recently cloned the long-extinct feather-bellied Wolf, anti-government political posters adorn every building like wallpaper, and people seem disproportionately distraught when told a museum has a phones-off policy. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Potaen's national animal is the Wolf, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Christianity.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Potaen was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- : Potaen was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Cheerful Citizens.
- : Following new legislation in Potaen, people seem disproportionately distraught when told a museum has a phones-off policy.
- : Following new legislation in Potaen, anti-government political posters adorn every building like wallpaper.
- : Following new legislation in Potaen, scientists recently cloned the long-extinct feather-bellied Wolf.
- : Following new legislation in Potaen, the digital money revolution has cashed out.
- : Following new legislation in Potaen, the government is often referred to as "the biggest drug dealer in the nation".
- : Potaen voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Honeydewistania".
- : Potaen voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Reducing Microplastics".
- : Potaen's influence in The International Council rose from "Superpower" to "Dominator".
Endorsements Received: None.