The Republic of Podunkia is a huge, cultured nation, renowned for its sprawling nuclear power plants, state-planned economy, and compulsory military service. The compassionate population of 271 million Podunkians enjoy extensive civil rights and enjoy a level of social equality free from the usual accompanying government corruption.
The large, liberal, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Administration. The average income tax rate is 63.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The Podunkian economy, worth 16.8 trillion onions a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Automobile Manufacturing. Average income is 61,982 onions, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Roads are often attended by round-the-clock construction crews, giggling teens are asked to put their mouths on rubber dolls, the canal flows through the land like a twisty turny thing, and protesters are up in arms over new nuclear power stations. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Podunkia's national animal is the falcon, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Podunkia was endorsed by The Glorious People's Republic of Integria.
- : Podunkia was endorsed by The àáâäæãåāçćčèéêëēėęîïíīįìłñńô of Drew Durrnil.
- : Podunkia was endorsed by The Incorporated States of Osheiga.
- : Podunkia was endorsed by The Federation of Northern Estrian Islands.
- : Podunkia was endorsed by The Armed Republic of Colonia Prime.
- : Podunkia was endorsed by The Democratic Superpower of The American Anarchist Empire.
- : Podunkia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Publishing Industry.
- : Following new legislation in Podunkia, protesters are up in arms over new nuclear power stations.
- : Following new legislation in Podunkia, the canal flows through the land like a twisty turny thing.
- : Following new legislation in Podunkia, giggling teens are asked to put their mouths on rubber dolls.
Endorsements Received: 105 » Tepertopia, Ralphburg, Freedoom, Erinor, Marinho Islands, Holota, The Solar System Scope, Hong Kong Kowloon and New Territories, Land Without Shrimp, Outer Utonixick Gollinican, Jehenna, Tsunamy, The naked people, Amerion, Purple Hyacinth, Bear Connors Paradiso, Corgitopiaa, Curlyhoward, Qvait, Poopisiya, Beepee, Kiani, Concrete Slab, Belschaft, Bawkie, Nowa Europa, JavaSiege, Blondiesland, Volaworand, Crystal Creation, Drystar, Kaleidescooptopia, Westenhald, Wehraboos, Melroy, Farengeto, The Two Jerseys, Aidenfieeld, Fighting Kawi Ninja, Carthatska, FreeFishers, Beblahbleblo, Treir, Si-topia, Privatore, Hawaiian Pizzas, Soem, Scu Greinne, Ancient Slobovia, Aumeltopia, and 55 others.The United Expanse, Abarri, Abyssal Phantasm, Tsvetania, Yeses, Center Lisle, Auphelia, Uvalor, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Hatrina, Bergenu, A leftover country, Agletgreenia, Not Austria, PenguinPies, The West Valley Mountains, Rhetiaa, Saint Horror, Native Inhabitants of Antarctica, Anatasha, Phanama, Yeldarbsland, Eastern Mekong, Rebel-topia, LadyRebels, Darakin, Peoples Republic of TempleLandia, Ipugao, Weryalachiressaraxiatopia, Green Sofia, Independent State of Arstotzka, Corumdema, Walloonia, Ebonhand, Moridine, Paganan, Euro Pacifica, Solanosco, Galebland, Utondara, Danily, New Sanet, Esfalsa, Yavemaya, Holy Free, Nyxonia, Vicken, Eternal Memedom, The Kies, The American Anarchist Empire, Colonia Prime, Northern Estrian Islands, Osheiga, Drew Durrnil, and Integria.