|Leader||Princess Opal V|
The Constant Revolution of Opalium is a colossal, socially progressive nation, ruled by Princess Opal V with a fair hand, and renowned for its rum-swilling pirates, keen interest in outer space, and unlimited-speed roads. The democratic population of 7.884 billion Opalites hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized, corrupt, liberal, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Pitchfork. The average income tax rate is 42.1%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Opaliumian economy, worth 889 trillion favors a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a large, well-organized black market in Information Technology, Tourism, Retail, and Soda Sales. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an impressive 112,777 favors, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Princess Opal V has just been declared ruler of Opalium in an international press conference, things are looking up for patients accidentally prescribed erectile dysfunction medication, fat-shaming is now public policy, and organ donation rates are among the lowest in the region. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Opalium's national animal is the kiwi bird, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Heathenism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Opalium's influence in The New Nations of Ridgeview rose from "Instigator" to "Dealmaker".
- : Following new legislation in Opalium, organ donation rates are among the lowest in the region.
- : Following new legislation in Opalium, fat-shaming is now public policy.
- : Following new legislation in Opalium, things are looking up for patients accidentally prescribed erectile dysfunction medication.
- : Opalium voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Scardino".
- : Opalium voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Military Death Penalty Ban".
- : Opalium was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Secular.
- : Opalium voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Dilber".
- : Opalium's influence in The New Nations of Ridgeview rose from "Contender" to "Instigator".
- : Opalium voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Roavin".
Endorsements Received: 1 » La Republica de la Luz.