The Confederacy of Ohioan Communes is a small, environmentally stunning nation, notable for its rampant corporate plagiarism, state-planned economy, and irreverence towards religion. The democratic population of 40 million Ohioans are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Education, and Law & Order. The average income tax rate is 66.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but sluggish Ohioan economy, worth 1.09 trillion work credits a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Trout Farming industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Tourism, and Pizza Delivery. Average income is 27,151 work credits, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Things are looking up for patients accidentally prescribed erectile dysfunction medication, NationStates is now a popular brand of laxatives despite Max Barry's protests, consumption of cat memes has skyrocketed, and teenagers are told they're not thinking about sex enough. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Ohioan Communes's national animal is the white-tail deer, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Ohioan Communes, teenagers are told they're not thinking about sex enough.
- : Following new legislation in Ohioan Communes, consumption of cat memes has skyrocketed.
- : Ohioan Communes aborted construction of embassies between Libertarian Socialist Alliance and The Union of EcoSocialism and Allies.
- : Ohioan Communes voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate The Union of the Axis Powers".
- : Following new legislation in Ohioan Communes, NationStates is now a popular brand of laxatives despite Max Barry's protests.
- : Ohioan Communes's influence in Libertarian Socialist Alliance fell from "Hermit" to "Dominator".
- : Following new legislation in Ohioan Communes, things are looking up for patients accidentally prescribed erectile dysfunction medication.
- : Ohioan Communes published "The Founding Council" (Bulletin: Policy).
- : Ohioan Communes published "Rules of LSA" (Bulletin: Policy).
- : Ohioan Communes appointed Ohioan Communes as Founding Councilmember with authority over Appearance, Border Control, Communications, Embassies, and Polls in Libertarian Socialist Alliance.
Endorsements Received: None.