The Armed Republic of Odycia is a huge, cultured nation, ruled by Nicolaus Unimanus with a fair hand, and renowned for its ubiquitous missile silos, keen interest in outer space, and rampant corporate plagiarism. The hard-working, democratic population of 940 million Odycians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The medium-sized, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Defense, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Sparta. The average income tax rate is 68.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Odycian economy, worth 116 trillion Credits a year, is broadly diversified and dominated by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Arms Manufacturing, and Trout Farming. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 124,254 Credits, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The new 'Who Wants To Be A Politician' election debate auditions are more popular than the debates themselves, religious turf wars have caused frustrated police to pray for divine intervention, stone wrist watches that weigh 20lb are the latest trend, and citizens are exhausted from weekly general elections. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Odycia's national animal is the Golden Eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Odycia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Independent investment Research Protocol".
- : Following new legislation in Odycia, citizens are exhausted from weekly general elections.
- : Following new legislation in Odycia, stone wrist watches that weigh 20lb are the latest trend.
- : Following new legislation in Odycia, religious turf wars have caused frustrated police to pray for divine intervention.
- : Odycia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "World Assembly Paper Reduction Act".
- : Odycia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- : Odycia's influence in Kavonia rose from "Apprentice" to "Vassal".
- : Odycia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements and Largest Retail Industry.
- : Odycia was endorsed by The Grand Republic of Lorthos.
- : Following new legislation in Odycia, the new 'Who Wants To Be A Politician' election debate auditions are more popular than the debates themselves.
Endorsements Received: 1 » Lorthos.